Chrome Bookmark Search Workflow

This is decidedly low tech, but this is working for me (albeit, without any live text prediction) - and the other flows in this post, I can't get to work. I got them to *run* by adding a ~ to the "/Library/..." bit in the PHP though.

<Keyword>+argument >>> chrome://bookmarks/?#q={query} (Force open in Chrome)

http://www.nimbling.com/temp/Chrome%20Bookmarks.alfredworkflow

Edited by fruityth1ng

This is decidedly low tech, but this is working for me (albeit, without any live text prediction) - and the other flows in this post, I can't get to work. I got them to *run* by adding a ~ to the "/Library/..." bit in the PHP though.

<Keyword>+argument >>> chrome://bookmarks/?#q={query} (Force open in Chrome)

http://www.nimbling.com/temp/Chrome%20Bookmarks.alfredworkflow

In the process of rewriting this workflow. It was one of the first I made for Alfred 2

Actually, I was looking to make it so I could browse a specific folder of bookmarks, but no others. I've adapted David's workflow for my own purposes (imported that folder of bookmarks into Chrome, and load in Safari with the modified keyword), and it does precisely what I wanted. It's here, if you're interested.

This is exactly what I was looking for! But your link actually links to "TV Episodes Wikipedia List"... any chance you can link the chrome bookmark folder search workflow? Thanks! 

This is exactly what I was looking for! But your link actually links to "TV Episodes Wikipedia List"... any chance you can link the chrome bookmark folder search workflow? Thanks! 

I just tested it by bookmarking this page in Chrome, and using the workflow to pull up the bookmark. It should work on anything in Chrome, you just need to change the descriptors for your own purposes. Besides, this was never intended to take away from David's original workflow. Just a customization that fit my own purposes.

Any news on this? I love it, but the first version was a bit slow for me, and I didn't like that I needed to spell out whole words to find something:-)

EDIT: Ah, I just realized the change by Jb_Bryant above does exactly what I need! Thanks!

Edited by ObjT

Do you have this workflow uploaded somewhere [ github preferred ]. I want to contribute a bit to change browser to Chrome or Chrome Canary :)

Thanks for great extension 

I added it only now:

Image%202013.04.18%206%3A35%3A06%20PM.pn

I have a bookmark named Readability.

Image%202013.04.18%206%3A37%3A23%20PM.pn

I bring up Alfred, type reada and select the option to search Chrome bookmarks,

Image%202013.04.18%206%3A38%3A55%20PM.pn

and do not see the bookmark.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-18%20at%206.33.4

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

That looks like an issue with the original workflow. All I did to it is add a fallback option. I don't know enough about programming to know why it's not working. 

• 2 weeks later...

The workflow stopped working for me, looks like it generates a php warning: 

php -f bookmarks.php -- "tv"       

Warning: SQLite3::exec(): near "Two": syntax error in /Users/username/Dropbox/MacJunctions/alfred2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.65680E36-530D-4E19-83E3-7629D74E3345/extension_utils.php on line 269
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just tested it by bookmarking this page in Chrome, and using the workflow to pull up the bookmark. It should work on anything in Chrome, you just need to change the descriptors for your own purposes. Besides, this was never intended to take away from David's original workflow. Just a customization that fit my own purposes.

I don't get how I can search in a specific bookmark's folder. I thought I would click on the link, download a new workflow and would be done  :)

Could you be more precise on how I can accomplish it. 

Thank you.

• 3 months later...

I have an issue with Google Chrome Profiles. Since the Chrome Bookmark Search Workflow only searches in 

$home.'/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Bookmarks

... it doesn't show bookmarks from other profiles. So I had to customize the path in bookmarks.php by hand.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...