Battery - view summary stats about your laptop battery

58f3773be0597_ScreenShot2017-04-16at7_22_43PM.png.886cee51227e19b4742b8ba62bdf1c74.png

Description: Shows summary information about your laptop battery (charge, time, status, charge cycles, and health - % of maximum charge your battery can now hold compared to its original design capacity)

Usage: enter the keyword "battery"

Tested on: Mountain Lion, MacBook Pro

Download: from here

Edited by Benzi
Fixed download link

Description: Shows summary information about your laptop battery (charge, time, status, charge cycles, and health - % of maximum charge your battery can now hold compared to its original design capacity)

Usage: enter the keyword "battery"

Tested on: Mountain Lion, MacBook Pro

Download: from here

Dude this is awesome :D

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This looks great and, assuming it's still running, I'm definitely going to install it.

I have a question: is it at all possible to tap into the "Apps using the most energy/battery" and display the top two with this workflow, too? That's really the only use the menu bar battery icon still has for me, personally. I know you can also more or less just use the activity monitor for such a thing, but I thought it worth asking.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has this stopped working? If I select it it tries to start a Google search.

Seems to still be working for me. I've had that happen a lot with other workflows, though.

Eventually I learned to open the Workflows preferences, select the workflow in question, and click the spider icon on the top right to enable debug output (and changing the dropdown in the console to "All Information"). Then I trigger alfred, type the workflow keyword, and see what information it outputs in that console area. Helps me see if the workflow is bugging or even being triggered at all.

Has this stopped working? If I select it it tries to start a Google search.

Opening Google search is just the "fallback" search, which means that the workflow failed to produce any usable results for Alfred.

This happened to me as well at some point with some upgrade. To fix it, just open the file battery.sh in the workflow and, around line 81, change

<title>$TEMPERATURE° C</title>
	<subtitle>Temperature</subtitle>
	<icon>temp.png</icon>
  </item>

to

<title>${TEMPERATURE}° C</title>
	<icon>temp.png</icon>
  </item>

So, probably some Yosemite upgrade changed a version of Bash, and that version of Bash chokes when the degree symbol is next to a variable.

Opening Google search is just the "fallback" search, which means that the workflow failed to produce any usable results for Alfred.

This happened to me as well at some point with some upgrade. To fix it, just open the file battery.sh in the workflow and, around line 81, change

<icon>temp.png</icon>
  </item>

to

<icon>temp.png</icon>
  </item>

So, probably some Yosemite upgrade changed a version of Bash, and that version of Bash chokes when the degree symbol is next to a variable.

Thanks, that fixed it for me.

• 1 year later...

<icon>temp.png</icon>
  </item>

to

<icon>temp.png</icon>
  </item>

Thanks, it works for me.

I'm still on OsX Maverick and add the problem with Alfred V3ß.