Subway workflow

I have an old v1 extension that I used to get feedback on the London Tube network. It ran a script and outputted to Growl. Its very useful for getting an up to date status of the network.

I am trying to convert it into v2 workflow and have managed to output the text to notification centre, however, the code only shows 2 lines. How do I convert this to show all subway lines in the alfred window and not in notification centre?

Script is here (sorry I copied it from a web site somewhere and have lost the original creators address)

RESULT=$(curl -s "http://api.tubeupdates.com/?method=get.status&lines=all&format=xml" | cat | awk '/<status>/')

for index in Bakerloo Central Circle District DLR Jubilee Metropolitan Northern  Piccadilly Victoria Waterloo
do
      RESULT=$(echo $RESULT | sed "s/<status>/$index: /1" | sed "s/<\/status> /\\\n/g" | sed "s/<\/status>//g")
done

echo -e -n $RESULT

Thanks 
gr4z

I have an old v1 extension that I used to get feedback on the London Tube network. It ran a script and outputted to Growl. Its very useful for getting an up to date status of the network.

I am trying to convert it into v2 workflow and have managed to output the text to notification centre, however, the code only shows 2 lines. How do I convert this to show all subway lines in the alfred window and not in notification centre?

Script is here (sorry I copied it from a web site somewhere and have lost the original creators address)

RESULT=$(curl -s "http://api.tubeupdates.com/?method=get.status&lines=all&format=xml" | cat | awk '/<status>/')

for index in Bakerloo Central Circle District DLR Jubilee Metropolitan Northern  Piccadilly Victoria Waterloo
do
      RESULT=$(echo $RESULT | sed "s/<status>/$index: /1" | sed "s/<\/status> /\\\n/g" | sed "s/<\/status>//g")
done

echo -e -n $RESULT

Thanks 
gr4z

To show more than two lines of output, it seems you must set the 'Notification' object to use Growl.

You can use a script filter to feed results back into Alfred.

I have changed the Notification to Growl but it makes no difference. Sorry I am not sure what to do when using a Script Filter - can you be a bit more descriptive as to what to do? Thanks

Edited by gr4z

I have changed the Notification to Growl but it makes no difference. Sorry I am not sure what to do when using a Script Filter - can you be a bit more descriptive as to what to do? Thanks

To use a script filter, you echo an XML string with the necessary feedback items. This post (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/5-generating-feedback-in-workflows/) by David Ferguson explains it better than I could.

As for Growl, have you set it to use Notification Center? If you have, it will not workproperly

I haz a gift

londontube.png

Download

I don't know a full list of all the potential status messages yet. I sent the guy who made the API an email requesting that list. When I get that, I'll update this workflow again. Until then, if there are messages I haven't accounted for yet, the icon will show as a question mark.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...