Switch Retina Resolution

with the tres keyword it should invoke an applescript to

1 - open system preferences

2 - select the Displays preference

3 - select the Color LCD Tab 

4 - Click the Scaled option

Once there it will look at the options presented and detect the state of radio button 3  "Best for Retina" 

if it is selected then it will choose the 5th radio button ("More Space") if it is not selected then it will select it

Then it closes system preferences.  

This is all on a 15" Retina Macbook Pro running 10.8.3. The panels for the display preferences has changed around a bit in the various versions so it's worth checking you OS version

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great little script!

I know this topic is a bit old, but another possibility for those having trouble. Check your display settings and see how many options you have under scaled, and update the script to fit your display's options. My MacBook Pro 13" had only four options, with best as option 2, and most space as option 4 - so trying to run it without editing, the script set my display between the two, and would not change because 5 was not a valid option.

To those unsure about editing workflows: double click the Run NSAppleScript bubble, and change both 3's to whichever option is for best in your panel, and change the number 5 to the option for space.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys!

I decided that I was missing that workflow too much so I tried and fixed it! It's reaaaallly simple. Instead of just upload a new version, I'll just tell you how to fix the current workflow. It's for a 13" Macbook Pro BTW.

You actually just have to change the group 1 to group 2.

click radio button "Scaled" of radio group 1 of tab group 1             

click radio button 3 of radio group 1 of group 2 of tab group 1             

return "Resolution 1680x1050 chosen"

Here is a screen capture of how I did it. The only problem now is that I can't get the sys preferences to quit after.. But I can definitely deal with this.

BTW, I used an app called UI Browser to identify what are the buttons to call in windows. Really nice. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 9.33.23 PM.png