Yet another Wi-Fi Workflow...in Perl

Hi all,

I know, there is plenty of smart Wi-Fi toggle workflows out there so it's hard to believe we need another. Anyway, this is the one I made by myself, in Perl, adding some bells and whistles like current IPv4/v6 address, MAC address as well as the SSID of the current connection.

It looks like this:

Screen_Shot_2013_03_23_WiFi.png

If you like it you can download it from this page.

As usual, any comment is the very welcome  :)

Have a nice day

Gaetano

Edited by Gaetano
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Gaetano,

I like this workflow best for the additional information. Sometimes I need them at a glance and this is nice.

For when I just want to toggle WiFi, I added a hotkey and adjusted the script accordingly. Now it's perfect :)

Thanks, Ricco

Well, I don't know any Perl, thus I fiddled with the script until it was working with a hotkey. 

If you would include a hotkey in your workflow, any potential user could benefit from this option out of the box.

And since the actual hotkey will not travel with the workflow, everybody can set up their own or just leave it deactivated.

I bet your solution would be much cleaner than my attempt :)

Well, I don't know any Perl, thus I fiddled with the script until it was working with a hotkey. 

If you would include a hotkey in your workflow, any potential user could benefit from this option out of the box.

And since the actual hotkey will not travel with the workflow, everybody can set up their own or just leave it deactivated.

I bet your solution would be much cleaner than my attempt :)

Sure, it's a very good idea, I will give it a look very soon.

Enjoy

• 1 month later...