Paste current URL from Safari into focussed application

Hi

If you're typing away in IRC or IM or Word or whatever and you want to just quickly grab the URL from the tab you were just looking at in Safari, this is the workflow for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q8xdry7am4xqvy/Paste%20current%20Safari%20URL.alfredworkflow

It's hotkey based, so you'll want to go in and define a hotkey.

There's also an alternate path which runs the URL through a shortener (tinyurl.com specifically).

This was heavily based on "URL to Clipboard" by Michael Matochkin. Thanks Michael!

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I can't find the source (forum post, github or anything) of the original workflow, but I like your idea!

Just had a good idea for a feature: Wouldn't it be nice if the workflow had a path to include the page title? I know, most of the time the page titles are too long, but if I just wanna share it real quick, then that's more useful than a short description I have to write myself. Just an idea :)

Hey! I can't find the source (forum post, github or anything) of the original workflow, but I like your idea!

Just had a good idea for a feature: Wouldn't it be nice if the workflow had a path to include the page title? I know, most of the time the page titles are too long, but if I just wanna share it real quick, then that's more useful than a short description I have to write myself. Just an idea :)

Yeah that is a good idea for working with markdown. You could try SendURL which will copy the page's title and url in markdown, it won't auto-paste but if you combine the two you could share a nice workflow!