Alleyoop: Update Alfred Workflows

Hah, thanks! So the best I can do for now is catch the error, log it, and continue on to the next workflow hoping that things are better the next time around; it won't just fail on you, but if you notice that some workflows are conspicuously missing then it'll make sense to check the debug.log file for errors. I take this to be a slight improvement, at least, till I can figure out why this module is breaking. Self-update or download here.

thanks for this looks great, but does not work for me. i know i have some workflows that support it because i downloaded some just today that have alleyoop support but when i run oop? it does not list any workflows it just says "checking installed workflows" and doesnt actually list anything. any ideas? thank you.

thanks for this looks great, but does not work for me. i know i have some workflows that support it because i downloaded some just today that have alleyoop support but when i run oop? it does not list any workflows it just says "checking installed workflows" and doesnt actually list anything. any ideas? thank you.

It would be helpful if you could post the contents of "all.log" from the workflow's folder here so that I can get a better idea of what's going on.

It would be helpful if you could post the contents of "all.log" from the workflow's folder here so that I can get a better idea of what's going on.

Hi,

Here is contents of the all.log file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "feedback.py", line 160, in <module>
    do_feedback()
  File "feedback.py", line 64, in do_feedback
    r = alp.Request(remote_uri)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/request.py", line 18, in __init__
    self.request = requests.get(url)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests/api.py", line 55, in get
    return request('get', url, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests/api.py", line 44, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests_cache/core.py", line 111, in request
    hooks, stream, verify, cert)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests/sessions.py", line 345, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests_cache/core.py", line 91, in send
    return send_request_and_cache_response()
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests_cache/core.py", line 83, in send_request_and_cache_response
    response = super(CachedSession, self).send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests/sessions.py", line 448, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/kyleyu/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.B48C5A7C-C77B-48E5-8D8E-7D8043F9C7F3/alp/request/requests/adapters.py", line 318, in send
    raise ConnectionError(e)
alp.request.requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='alfred.daniel.sh', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /Updates/Alleyoop.json (Caused by <class 'socket.error'>: [Errno 60] Operation timed out)

also, not sure if it helps, but the most recent entries from the debug.log file:
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:04:48)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:04:48)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:04:50)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Top Processes failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:04:50)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Top Processes failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:04:50)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:04:53)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Top Processes failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:04:53)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:06:14)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Top Processes failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:06:14)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:10:22)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Top Processes failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-11:10:22)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Last changed files raised IntegrityError: column key is not unique (2013-04-25-16:15:51)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-16:15:51)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Keyboard Locker failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-16:15:51)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Top Processes failed with error: 'download_url' (2013-04-25-16:15:54)]
[com.danielsh.alfred.alleyoop: Top Processes raised IntegrityError: column key is not unique (2013-04-25-16:15:54)]

It looks like your connection is timing out. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about that except catch the exception and skip the workflow that's timing out; that's no guarantee, I'm afraid, that it'll work on any of them. You can try with the updated version at http://alfred.daniel.sh/Workflows/Alleyoop.alfredworkflow though.

Hi, thank you for the quick response. Is it checking a dropbox location when is it timing out? There are sometimes some connection issues to dropbox from China so perhaps that is causing the problem. Although I cant seem to access your site either for the new version without my VPN so that could be it too. Thank you for the new version though.

Hi, thank you for the quick response. Is it checking a dropbox location when is it timing out? There are sometimes some connection issues to dropbox from China so perhaps that is causing the problem. Although I cant seem to access your site either for the new version without my VPN so that could be it too. Thank you for the new version though.

It was actually the update-check for Alleyoop itself that was timing out, and so it's indeed my site. I believe that some of the workflows are hosted on Dropbox; a number are on Github; some are on personal sites.

I'm having trouble with the latest Alleyoop update (and your Things workflow too). It seems that whenever there is a non-alphanumeric character (such as oop? or oop!), the workflow breaks out and it tries to search Google instead of executing the script. I'm not getting anything in all.log since it can't refresh the list. I am getting the following in force.log:

File "feedback.py", line 66
    except IntegrityError, ConnectionError as e:
                                            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Haven't looked at the python files or the workflow settings yet, but I'm wondering if it's not escaping the characters properly?

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance the official version could make one small change, so that symlinked directories work?  Took me 20 minutes to debug why Alleyoop couldn't see my update.json

Adding followlinks=True to os.walk did the trick

Absolutely! Thanks for figuring that out. I've just uploaded a new version to http://alfred.daniel.sh/Workflows/Alleyoop.alfredworkflow with followlinks set to True.

Awesome, I noticed the update via Alleyoop.  Downloaded, confirmed that it works.

And thanks for the rapid reply on a Friday night...I know I'm coding in the middle of a swank nightclub surrounded by throngs of attractive adoring fans right now, I can only assume you are as well. ;-)  Rock on.

• 3 weeks later...

AlleyOOP quit working for me. It says: 

Traceback: (most recent call last)

File "act.py", line 9, in <module>

from Foundation import

NSDistributedNotificationCenter

ImportError: No module named

Foundation.

I downloaded the one on your web site and it still gives this error.

Meanwhile, while Richard and I sort that out, I've updated Alleyoop to version 3. Thanks to Shawn's wise suggestion, it now makes its server requests in parallel threads rather than sequential, blocking requests; it's much faster, and hopefully more or less as reliable. Developers, please check your JSON carefully: some workflows are still throwing exceptions, which makes Alleyoop's code a hideous nest of try…except statements.