Spotifious: a natural Spotify controller for Alfred

Thanks, that works great :)

Especially with the "spot c" feature!

Haha, I'm glad it worked out. Applescript is weird. Sorry it took so long to fix!

Thank you so much! Actually, I have just the thing for you. Here's the dev version. Download it, bind your hotkeys, and it should be exactly what you want! 

I'm delaying publishing it to make sure everything works with Gatekeeper and the like. In fact, if you get it working with no problem, I'll publish it if you let me know.

Edited by wolph
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I was going through all of the things that you'd asked me to do and nothing was working - including trying to run the AppleScript for the current track -, until I ran the activate Spotify code in AppleScript. It came up with an error but opened Spotify anyway. After that, everything's been working fine - all of the AppleScript works perfectly without error, and Spotifious works fine!

Thanks for your help!

I managed to duplicate your error and fixed it— my notification plugin does not like non-alphanumeric starting characters, so albums that started with parentheses or weird characters would break it.

v0.11 is now out! You can get it here.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the latest version of Spotifious but Packal Updater suggests me to downgrade to 0.9.4:

Image%202014-12-26%20at%201.02.23%20PM.p

Looks like a Packal bug— I guess it doesn't like semantic versioning. I'll release 1.0.0 to fix it as soon as I can. Just don't "update" to 0.9.4 :)

EDIT:  Are you using the official Packal updater? I do not get the error with that.

Edited by citelao

Looks like a Packal bug— I guess it doesn't like semantic versioning. I'll release 1.0.0 to fix it as soon as I can. Just don't "update" to 0.9.4 :)

EDIT:  Are you using the official Packal updater? I do not get the error with that.

It was/is a Packal bug.

Basically, I made the dubious decision to base the update on a new file timestamps rather than versioning. So, when anyone updates a workflow on the server by replacing the file, then it registers it as an update and processes it immediately. If you happen to forget to change the version number on that first submit and then update the version number after that, there will be a mismatch with the version metadata. So, it will actually keep trying to update you from 0.11.2 => 0.11.2 because the metadata in the 0.11.2 package still says 0.9.4, but the site doesn't match quite yet. There's a corrective script that runs every few hours on the server that will repackage the files with the correct metadata if the versions mismatch, so that error is always temporary.

Whenever I find the time, I'm going to redo the entire Packal server so that this sort of thing can't happen in the future, but I just have to find the time for that.

• 1 month later...

Also, (sorry to be a pain) Is there a way to use this script to action playlists?

I have a number (48 to be exact) of playlists that I tend to go to that have specific sets of music, I would love to be able to set it up to just start typing the name of the playlist and start playing that list. 

Hello, I was wondering if this awesome plugin could be expanded for Alfred Remote? I think that would be a great direction for it.

Yes! That should be out later today. Watch this page for updates.

Also, (sorry to be a pain) Is there a way to use this script to action playlists?

I have a number (48 to be exact) of playlists that I tend to go to that have specific sets of music, I would love to be able to set it up to just start typing the name of the playlist and start playing that list. 

Also yes! That is going to take a bit longer, but I'm starting work on playlist search and modification, starring stuff, queuing, and more.

I'll post again here once I've finished everything for Alfred remote.

Edited by citelao
  • 1 month later...

Hi, ever since I updated to the latest version of Spotify, Spotifious seems to have stopped working. While I can search for things fine, it does not detect songs playing and does not change songs. Is this a known problem with the update or is this a problem with just me?

Hi, ever since I updated to the latest version of Spotify, Spotifious seems to have stopped working. While I can search for things fine, it does not detect songs playing and does not change songs. Is this a known problem with the update or is this a problem with just me?

Hi, it is not the same workflow, but problem is the same, see this link explaining how to workaround the problem (by reverting back to previous Spotify version).

Hope it helps :)

Yeah, it's a bug in the new version.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/New-Mac-Update-AppleScript-support-removed/m-p/995843#M104799

You can workaround part of it by editing the info.plist in Spotifious.app/Contents like the solution above says, but "play track" is broken, so you can't queue songs from Spotifious. You can still get player info and play/pause/next/prev though.

EDIT: Oh, and Vdebs chimed in. Yeah, reverting to 0.9 will also fix it. Thanks!

Edited by citelao
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Can someone please help me with this?

I've been trying to search my music on Spotifious and the only results seem to be the track that is currently playing.

When ever I type in a query it simply stays on the playing track and then returns this error: "Undefinable Variable: url"

https://goo.gl/photos/CSAkASqtBeyD6aZA9

How can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Yeesh... Can you try the development build?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...