• show inbox tasks
  • show tasks completed today
  • new task detail view with all task actions
  • unflag and uncheck tasks
  • support for a dark and light icon theme
  • new icons

Please set your theme after updating to get the right icons:

.oftheme

I hope you like it and get a little bit more productive with the workflow.

Version 2.1 is available:

• search for perspectives
  • in context, project and perspective search all contexts/projects/perspectives are shown if no search string is entered
  • the flagged status of a task is visible in all task result views
  • the database is queries instead of the project metadata to find projects to improve performance
  • task details link to project and context view
  • task's start and due date can be deferred from task details view

This morning I dropped my MacBook on the floor and crashed my second data HDD. Fortunately, the system still runs fine from the SSD and only my profile got lost. So the next update will take a few more days until I recovered my data from the CrashPlan backup.

I hope you enjoy the update in the meantime.

Absolutely love this!  I expanded a use case as well (possibly it is only a feature I would request), but the ability to append notes.  I am not a great coder, so it is cobbled together on your front end (I am sure someone could optimize my code).  Below is the look (used your clip.png) and then added a line calling the applescript.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-18%20at%201.20.5

on run argv
	try
		my addNoteTask(item 1 of argv)
	on error errmsg
		return errmsg
	end try
end run

on addNoteTask(theTaskId)
	tell application "OmniFocus"
		tell default document
			set taskList to flattened tasks where id = theTaskId
			set theTask to item 1 of taskList
			set theNote to note of theTask

--add in updated date
			set theUpdateDate to (current date)

tell application "System Events"
				display dialog "What's Happening?" default answer ""
				set theNewText to (text returned of result)
			end tell

set theText to return & "_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
#" & theUpdateDate & return & theNewText

--append note to selection
			set theNote to theNote & theText
			set note of theTask to theNote
			set thisName to name of theTask
		end tell
	end tell

--notify on success
	set successNotify to "You Added the text " & theNewText & " to the project " & thisName
	return successNotify

end addNoteTask
Edited by uscmeche

Absolutely love this!  I expanded a use case as well (possibly it is only a feature I would request), but the ability to append notes.  I am not a great coder, so it is cobbled together on your front end (I am sure someone could optimize my code).  Below is the look (used your clip.png) and then added a line calling the applescript.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-18%20at%201.20.5

on run argv
	try
		my addNoteTask(item 1 of argv)
	on error errmsg
		return errmsg
	end try
end run

on addNoteTask(theTaskId)
	tell application "OmniFocus"
		tell default document
			set taskList to flattened tasks where id = theTaskId
			set theTask to item 1 of taskList
			set theNote to note of theTask

--add in updated date
			set theUpdateDate to (current date)

tell application "System Events"
				display dialog "What's Happening?" default answer ""
				set theNewText to (text returned of result)
			end tell

set theText to return & "_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
#" & theUpdateDate & return & theNewText

--append note to selection
			set theNote to theNote & theText
			set note of theTask to theNote
			set thisName to name of theTask
		end tell
	end tell

--notify on success
	set successNotify to "You Added the text " & theNewText & " to the project " & thisName
	return successNotify

end addNoteTask

The clip.png was in there for that purpose.  :) I'll include your addition in the next release.

I am still trying to display the note in the task details but that's giving me a hard time as the note is in rich text format.

Thanks to CrashPlan I was able to recover the essential parts of my profile very quickly. So I can release version 2.2 of the workflow with the new features that did not make it into 2.1.

Version 2.2

• new task actions
    • add/append note (thanks to uscmeche)
    • change project
    • change context
  • hotkey support
    • SHIFT+CTRL+I - Show tasks in Inbox
    • SHIFT+CTRL+D - Show tasks done today
    • SHIFT+CTRL+P - Search for project
    • SHIFT+CTRL+C - Search for context
    • SHIFT+CTRL+V - Search for perspective
  • Bugfixes

Download

OF-TaskActions_oftd.png

This is going to be a busy evening...

I almost gave up on fixing this issue but just a few minutes after releasing the last version, I found a solution to the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version 2.3

• fix no results when searching for german umlauts (and maybe other accented characters

Download

Hi _mk_, to be honest, your workflow was the main reason I switched to alfred from launchbar.

I installed your workflow and notice something I was able to do in launchbar with some scripts that I thought I may be able to do with your workflow and I am wondering if indeed I can. 

Find a project, then click enter and the project would open in omnifocus (focused).

I see that you workflow allows that on the tasks but not on the projects.

The other thing is finding folders and showing them directly on omnifocus (focused).

Since I am new with alfred and your workflow, could I accomplish these with your workflow right now?  If not, do you know of any other workflow that allow you to find projects and folders and displaying them on omnifocus?

Thanks!!!!

Hi _mk_, to be honest, your workflow was the main reason I switched to alfred from launchbar.

I installed your workflow and notice something I was able to do in launchbar with some scripts that I thought I may be able to do with your workflow and I am wondering if indeed I can. 

Find a project, then click enter and the project would open in omnifocus (focused).

I see that you workflow allows that on the tasks but not on the projects.

The other thing is finding folders and showing them directly on omnifocus (focused).

Since I am new with alfred and your workflow, could I accomplish these with your workflow right now?  If not, do you know of any other workflow that allow you to find projects and folders and displaying them on omnifocus?

Thanks!!!!

Thanks.

The folder search is already on my todo list for the next release. Opening the project in OF is currently not possible but should be simple to add. Keep an eye on the next release.

Perfect _mk_,

this will allow me to keep using Alfred....I was already thinking of coming back to launchbar as I depend a lot on omnifocus searches....I have a LOT OF folders.

The neat thing about the the launchbar scripts I have is that they allow you to search by folders and by projects.  You can enter any part of the name of the folder or project and then gives you a list of candidates for those names.  You hit enter and it gives you an omnifocus window with the project or folder being focused.  Very neat.

Thanks again _mk_ for considering this on your new release....already looking forward to it as I am liking the Alfred App a lot.

I think I'm doing something wrong. I installed the workflow and when I type ".of" I get a list of things to do. If I want to search contexts, I go to .oftc, then it asks me to enter a context, I type the first few letters of the context and my options become Search in Google, Search in Wikipedia, Search in Amazon.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.