Empty Downloads folder workflow

I like to keep my computer tidy and that means that I often shift the contents of ~/Downloads to the Trash. Doing things manually is so last year, so I made a simple workflow to automate the process.

ZBsr+.png

Download: Clear Downloads

Keyword: clear

Good workflow, would love to see a clear desktop workflow that isn't deskdrawer, i dislike it it's too messy and i don't like that it clearly shows in finder where it's located.

That's not hard at all :-) Below is a version which contains a duplicate path which clears the Desktop. I considered making it possible to specify any folder, but I was concerned about the potential for disaster if someone spelled a folder's name incorrectly. This version keeps it simple. desktop clears ~/Desktop, downloads clears ~/Downloads.

Download: Clear Downloads & Desktop

Keywords: desktopdownloads

I am now out of posts for the next 18 hours or so, so I'll get back to you with any replies tomorrow :-)

Edited by Subject22

No problem :-) You know about Alfred's built in feature for emptying the trash don't you? The keyword emptytrash will do that for you :-) But if you want this workflow to automatically empty the trash after clearing your downloads folder, find it in Alfred, double click the Run Script action and paste the following code on a new line under the existing code: osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to empty'

Edited by Subject22

No problem :-) You know about Alfred's built in feature for emptying the trash don't you? The keyword emptytrash will do that for you :-) But if you want this workflow to automatically empty the trash after clearing your downloads folder, find it in Alfred, double click the Run Script action and paste the following code on a new line under the existing code: osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to empty'

I added this to your desktop and download workflow, (also added force empty) and now it empties it too! 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...