Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

That's a shame, maybe they'll update it in the future...

Note that when you use <cmd> modifier on a track, this will open and queue all the top tracks from the artist.

If you use <alt>, then it will open and queue all tracks from the album.

That could help, I'm personally using it a lot

But queuing a track is not possible right now with their API..

I get an error when installing the library - Notification says: "Library has been created. Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in create_playlists.php on line 92.

When updating the artwork cache it eventually says - "Notice: Use of undefined constant artist - assumed 'artist' in …function.php on line 131"

Whenever I have an artwork folder in the Application Support folder - I cannot see anything when I type "spot_mini" if I delete it I can see some options again. I search a playlist - files get added to artwork and then I can't see anything again when I type spot_mini...

I get an error when installing the library - Notification says: "Library has been created. Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in create_playlists.php on line 92.

When updating the artwork cache it eventually says - "Notice: Use of undefined constant artist - assumed 'artist' in …function.php on line 131"

Whenever I have an artwork folder in the Application Support folder - I cannot see anything when I type "spot_mini" if I delete it I can see some options again. I search a playlist - files get added to artwork and then I can't see anything again when I type spot_mini...

Can you share with me your library.json in Application Support Folder and your 'guistate' file located in /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Spotify/Users/spotusername-user/guistate ?

I'll try to reproduce using your files.

Thanks

Can you share with me your library.json in Application Support Folder and your 'guistate' file located in /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Spotify/Users/spotusername-user/guistate ?

I'll try to reproduce using your files.

Thanks

Interesting, I'm using your files and I cannot reproduce any of the errors you're reporting...

Can you please open an issue here: https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues

This is to avoid flooding the forum with bug discussions

Update your library!!

2.3:

• Using own Spotify app <spotify:app:miniplayer>. Nore more need to do manual install, this is automatically done. Using this allows more control and less hacking to make it work
  • New random command, it will launch a random track from any of your playlists
  • New star command, it will star the current track

Loving this app, what about a new feature to add a searched song to the play queue instead of playing it straight away? Maybe under an action modifier of shift.

...if that's even possible...

Just a thought.

Modifying the play queue is not technically possible, as a workaround, I added "Alfred Playlist" feature in 2.4, give it a try and let me know what you think :-)

2.4:

• Introducing Alfred Playlist: control a playlist from Alfred. Add Track with fn or Album with shift to the playlist, browse it or clear it from Alfred.

Modifying the play queue is not technically possible, as a workaround, I added "Alfred Playlist" feature in 2.4, give it a try and let me know what you think :-)

2.4:

• Introducing Alfred Playlist: control a playlist from Alfred. Add Track with fn or Album with shift to the playlist, browse it or clear it from Alfred.

Loving all the new features, great workflow!

Keep up the good work

Loving all the new features, great workflow!

Keep up the good work

Thanks! Based on the feedbacks here, looks like we're only two to use it  :)

Can you let me know what you think of performances, because I know you have a huge library.json?

Can you let me know what you think of performances, because I know you have a huge library.json?

Performance is fine all things considered - most results come back in <5s however opening some of my larger playlists can take up to 30s but to be honest most of the time I just launch playlist without browsing it first so that's not really an issue

I do have it set to search all my playlists and max results is set to 100 so I wasn't expecting instantaneous results with a library of my size :-P

Hi i have a problem with the mini player...it seems that spotify's app miniplayer doesn't work property...for example if i write "random" in Alfred 2, i get this error in Spotify:

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-02%20at%2012.07.

I have followed all your instructions...in fact on another mac mini player works good...How can i resolve it?

Performance is fine all things considered - most results come back in <5s

5 seconds is slow compared to what I have !

however opening some of my larger playlists can take up to 30s

I think you should try a "cache all artworks" (you don't need to clean it before) because since 2.3 I've improved the way we get artworks for playlists (before we did not get artworks for subscribed playlists, only our own playlists), so the 30 seconds might come from the fact the mini player download the artworks "on the fly".

but to be honest most of the time I just launch playlist without browsing it first so that's not really an issue

I do have it set to search all my playlists and max results is set to 100 so I wasn't expecting instantaneous results with a library of my size :-P

Max results set to 100 is huge! I personally set it to 15 max.

Why do you set 100 results? It is not handy to scroll within 100 results anyway ?

Would be worth to test with 15 to see what are the performances

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!!

Hi i have a problem with the mini player...it seems that spotify's app miniplayer doesn't work property...for example if i write "random" in Alfred 2, i get this error in Spotify:

I have followed all your instructions...in fact on another mac mini player works good...How can i resolve it?

Hi, things to check:

-Do you have a spotify-app-miniplayer in your /Users/xxx/Spotify directory?

-Did you download and install Spotify after you've subscribed to your dev account?

-Are you logged in Spotify with same account used for Dev Account?

-Did you try to restart spotify?

-Did you try to logout and login again?

Cheers

Hi, things to check:

-Do you have a spotify-app-miniplayer in your /Users/xxx/Spotify directory?

-Did you download and install Spotify after you've subscribed to your dev account?

-Are you logged in Spotify with same account used for Dev Account?

-Did you try to restart spotify?

-Did you try to logout and login again?

Cheers

Hi thank you for the reply...

- I have a spotify-app-miniplayer in my /Users/xxx/Spotify directory

- I have downloaded and installed Spotify after updating account

- I'm logged in Spotify with the same account (i have only 1 account)

- I've restarted Spotify, i have tried to logout and login again and also to restart my mac but nothing change

Hi thank you for the reply...

- I have a spotify-app-miniplayer in my /Users/xxx/Spotify directory

- I have downloaded and installed Spotify after updating account

- I'm logged in Spotify with the same account (i have only 1 account)

- I've restarted Spotify, i have tried to logout and login again and also to restart my mac but nothing change

Strange..

- what os x version are you using?

- what spotify version do you have (in spottily-> about menu) (I have 0.9.0.129.g6978da9c)

- Can you try to install spotify app example, see Installation section in  https://github.com/spotify/apps-tutorial

Strange..

- what os x version are you using?

- what spotify version do you have (in spottily-> about menu) (I have 0.9.0.129.g6978da9c)

- Can you try to install spotify app example, see Installation section in  https://github.com/spotify/apps-tutorial

- I'm using OSX 10.7.5

- I'm using Spotify 0.9.0.129.g6978da9c

- I have install spotify app example.

I have noticed that in my /Users/xxx/Spotify directory there is a spotify-app-miniplayer, but it's not a folder...it's a link with an unknown destination!

I have noticed that in my /Users/xxx/Spotify directory there is a spotify-app-miniplayer, but it's not a folder...it's a link with an unknown destination!

That's the problem :-)

It should be a symbolic link but a valid directory.

-Can you try to delete the link in this directory, and then just call Spotify Mini Player (it checks the directory and create a symbolic link if it can't find it)

rm ~/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer

If it still doesn't work, you can copy the spotify-app-miniplayer folder from spotify mini player workflow folder in ~/Spotify folder

Note: the symbolic is created using:

ln -s /path/to/spotifyminiplayerworkflow/spotify-app-miniplayer ~/Spotify

5 seconds is slow compared to what I have !

I think you should try a "cache all artworks" (you don't need to clean it before) because since 2.3 I've improved the way we get artworks for playlists (before we did not get artworks for subscribed playlists, only our own playlists), so the 30 seconds might come from the fact the mini player download the artworks "on the fly".

Max results set to 100 is huge! I personally set it to 15 max.

Why do you set 100 results? It is not handy to scroll within 100 results anyway ?

Would be worth to test with 15 to see what are the performances

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!!

I've updated the library, re-cached all the artworks and changed the max results to 15 as well (I thought it would affect the amount of playlists returned but it doesn't) There's been a slight performance increase which is nice.

Happy Days.

I was thinking can it set up so that if I type "playlist" or "artist" or "album" etc it goes to the "browse by {x}" sub menu instead of performing the search? maybe hook it to {x}: e.g Playlist: Top 40 and it will find the playlist like it does in the playlist sub menu and allow you browse/launch/etc?

Also, is it possible to add a whole playlist to the Alfred playlist with the shift option like you have on the albums? I'm using the AP basically as a play queue and I often combine several playlists into a "now playing" one in spotify and then play from the new one

I've updated the library, re-cached all the artworks and changed the max results to 15 as well (I thought it would affect the amount of playlists returned but it doesn't) There's been a slight performance increase which is nice.

Happy Days.

cool!

I was thinking can it set up so that if I type "playlist" or "artist" or "album" etc it goes to the "browse by {x}" sub menu instead of performing the search? maybe hook it to {x}: e.g Playlist: Top 40 and it will find the playlist like it does in the playlist sub menu and allow you browse/launch/etc?

Also, is it possible to add a whole playlist to the Alfred playlist with the shift option like you have on the albums? I'm using the AP basically as a play queue and I often combine several playlists into a "now playing" one in spotify and then play from the new one

we'll see what I can do !

That's the problem :-)

It should be a symbolic link but a valid directory.

-Can you try to delete the link in this directory, and then just call Spotify Mini Player (it checks the directory and create a symbolic link if it can't find it)

rm ~/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer

If it still doesn't work, you can copy the spotify-app-miniplayer folder from spotify mini player workflow folder in ~/Spotify folder

Note: the symbolic is created using:

ln -s /path/to/spotifyminiplayerworkflow/spotify-app-miniplayer ~/Spotify

yeah now it works!!! Thank you so much for the help! VNJ!   ;)