Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

• 2 months later...

Loving this workflow! I thought it was broken but realized artists aren't fuzzy. Maybe it's scope creep, but it would be cool if it could ignore the "the" on stuff. 

Thanks!

Can you give an example because it seems to be ok:

Example if I type "cure" instead of "the cure", I get "The Cure" artist as expected.

• 1 month later...

I am not currently an Alfred user but I am needing a way to control Spotify remotely. I was wondering if someone could indicate whether or not the Spotify Mini Player fulfils my requirements.

- Spotify is running on a OSX computer in our office.

- We normally listen to the "Rock" radio in the Spotify app

- We do also like to queue up tracks but after they play it reverts back to the Rock radio.

Is Alfred Remote (on iPhone/iPad) with the Spotify Mini Player workflow going to allow me to queue up tracks on top of the Radio station? I know it can do lots of awesome things but this is the critical feature I am after.

Thanks heaps

• 2 weeks later...

I am not currently an Alfred user but I am needing a way to control Spotify remotely. I was wondering if someone could indicate whether or not the Spotify Mini Player fulfils my requirements.

- Spotify is running on a OSX computer in our office.

- We normally listen to the "Rock" radio in the Spotify app

- We do also like to queue up tracks but after they play it reverts back to the Rock radio.

Is Alfred Remote (on iPhone/iPad) with the Spotify Mini Player workflow going to allow me to queue up tracks on top of the Radio station? I know it can do lots of awesome things but this is the critical feature I am after.

Thanks heaps

Hi,

No I'm afraid that won't be possible...Spotify AppleScript does not allow currently to add tracks to Play Queue, it only allows to play tracks..
If in the future, Spotify adds this possibility (this might be added in the WEB API https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues/15),I'll add it to the workflow, for sure.

This is how Play Queue is currently working : http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/play-queue/

In your case, if this is a Radio playing, and you start a song (from Spotify app), then the Play Queue (in Spotify app) will contains only the song you played, all the tracks from the radio are erased. So I'm not sure how it works right now in your case anyway.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave up on this workflow [because I was too lazy to figure out what was up] a while back when I got this error:

Monosnap%2B15-10-27%2B16-39.jpg?Expires=

Ultimately, I migrated to Rdio for a while. I'm back to Spotify though.

Launching the workflow, I got the error above. I replaced it with the latest version, and I'm still getting the same error. I tried 'Kill update library' and 'Reset Settings for Spotify Mini Player.' What is my next best bet? I would love to get this up and running.

Edited by leetheadverb

I gave up on this workflow [because I was too lazy to figure out what was up] a while back when I got this error:

Monosnap%2B15-10-27%2B16-39.jpg?Expires=

Ultimately, I migrated to Rdio for a while. I'm back to Spotify though.

Launching the workflow, I got the error above. I replaced it with the latest version, and I'm still getting the same error. I tried 'Kill update library' and 'Reset Settings for Spotify Mini Player.' What is my next best bet? I would love to get this up and running.

Hi, can you please follow steps here http://alfred-spotif...ticles/support/

Once I receive the TGZ file I will be able to help you more !

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I am new to Alfred and really looking forward to starting to use it :). I am currently setting up the Spotify Mini and I would like to use the icons shared by dk3 in the post above. How can I make Alfred use those instead of the default ones? :)

Hi everyone!

I am new to Alfred and really looking forward to starting to use it :). I am currently setting up the Spotify Mini and I would like to use the icons shared by dk3 in the post above. How can I make Alfred use those instead of the default ones? :)

Hi,

You can use "spot_mini_debug " command and then choose Browse to Alfred workflow folder. And then replace the images directory by the one from dk3.

You will have to do it after each upgrade of the workflow.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I love spotify mini player but wasn't a huge fan of the icons so I made my own. 

You can download them here: dropbox.com/s/zvs4f3bq5qwpjyc/images.zip?dl=0

Yo, was a big fan of these icons, was using them with the previous version but just updated and they've been wiped! Tried to go back and download them but noticed the dropbox link isn't working anymore - is there somewhere I could find them again? 

Edited by franmae
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2016 at 4:20 PM, franmae said:

Yo, was a big fan of these icons, was using them with the previous version but just updated and they've been wiped! Tried to go back and download them but noticed the dropbox link isn't working anymore - is there somewhere I could find them again? 

I'd also like to change the icons to the ones dk3 posted but can't find a working link anywhere online.... or any other options. Can someone post them, please? :)

On 24/09/2016 at 2:44 PM, wfk_wfk said:

I'd also like to change the icons to the ones dk3 posted but can't find a working link anywhere online.... or any other options. Can someone post them, please? :)

Guys, I heard you and I'm happy to announce that I've integrated this request in the new version of the workflow (6.5)

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 à 11.25.10.jpg

See related article here http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/green-theme/

Enjoy version 6.5!