Transmission (bit torrent client) workflow

Hey guys,

Here's a cool workflow  B) Shows you all your Transmission.app torrents. When you press return on a finished torrent, it'll open the destination folder, on an active torrent it'll pause it, and on a paused torrent it'll activate it. It doesn't get more simple than that!

Take a look at the workflow to see keywords and modifier keys.

Love  :D

Try and read my other posts on this thread if you encounter any issue.
Edited by Florian

Does it have to be an IP address in the URL? I have a domain name for my computer at home running Transmission that I'm trying this workflow with, and I'm not getting any results.

I have set $url, $username, $password and $session_id

Sorry for going off topic here, but I don't think you have a topic for the currency converter  ^_^

I modded your currency converter workflow to convert to and from £GBP, and also added 2 more script filter entries. So If I type in 1500 the results below look like this

alfred_currency_converter_workflow.png

In the workflow I ordered it to be (ordering from top to bottom in the workflow):

$USD to £GBP

€EUR to £GBP

£GBP to $USD

£GBP to €EUR

But as you can see it doesn't keep that order when showing the results. Do you know if it should show the results in the order I arrange it in the workflow? Or is there something else I should do to make sure the results are in the correct order?

There is indeed. To open a magnet link you just have to use this bash command :

open -g "magnet:?xt=urn:btih:blah-blah-blah"

This of course is a dummy magnet link but you get the idea. The argument -g is just so that transmission doesn't pop up.

If you want to do that remotely, use ssh to log into your Mac mini first.

Well if you have the latest version (link in first post) then there is no credentials needed. It should work out of the box. Doesn't it ?

I assume that's for a Transmission on the same machine. I was hoping to remotely access my home computer's Transmission from my work computer. I'd be very impressed (and a little concerned) if it was able to do that straight out of the box! ;)

Oh alright then you should find the lines to replace in class/TransmissionRPC.class.php within the workflow folder, among a bunch of variables at the top of the script.

I don't know if it'll work though as I haven't especially work on that particular aspect and I don't have a second computer to try it out.

Oh alright then you should find the lines to replace in class/TransmissionRPC.class.php within the workflow folder, among a bunch of variables at the top of the script.

I don't know if it'll work though as I haven't especially work on that particular aspect and I don't have a second computer to try it out.

Cool, thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Florian,

Thanks for this wonderfull workflow ! Works great with a local transmission server (same machine).

Free (french ISP) use a transmission server on his last box named "Freebox".

To manage my torrents directly on the Freebox, I'm using "Transmission Remote GUI" ( http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/ )

I'm a very rookie (un bleu bite complet in french) in scripting / coding / ... But is it possible to adapt your workflow to the transmission server on the Freebox ?

Thanks / merci :)

Hey Jibbe, My code should work for a remote transmission as well. Though I don't have the material to test it. That's what CarlosNZ here is trying to do.

What you can try is to connect to your transmission via your internet browser :

http://freebox-ip:transmission-port/transmission/rpc  (it should look like that http://192.168.1.111:9091/transmission/rpc

and get the X-Transmission-Session-Id it will return you with the Conflict 409.

Then use both the ID and the address to fill in variables in class/TransmissionRPC.class.php in the workflow folder. And tell me how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I realize I never really addressed the issue some of you reported. The only thing that comes to mind is that you might have tempered with /etc/hosts (when trying to block some software activation most likely).

This is no big deal, just open the file and make sure there is a line that says:

127.0.0.1 localhost

if it is not the case or if you don't know how to access this file, here is how to edit this protected file:

open a terminal and type

sudo vi /etc/hosts

it'll ask for your password (when typing, nothing appears, this is normal).

Once the file opens (in terminal), press A to enter the edit mode, add the line (wherever), press ESC to quit the edit mode and press :WQ to save and quit.

You are done.

If the workflow still doesn't work, tell me.

• 2 weeks later...