Airfoil Speaker / Source Selection

• 4 weeks later...

Is it at all possible to launch the Airfoili Video Player from Alfred? This would save a lot of mouse clicks.... :)

The Airfoil Video Player is just an .app thats inside of the Airfoil.app bundle. You can add "$AIRFOILPATH/Contents/MacOS" to your Alfred "Search Scope" (Settings, Features, Default Results) and you're done.

Another option is to write your own simple Workflow:

1. +, Templates, Essentials, Keyword to Applescript
  2. Choose your keyword (no arguments)
  3. set applescript to 

on alfred_script(q)
tell application "Airfoil Video Player"
set test to track title
end tell
end alfred_script
Edited by jan

The Airfoil Video Player is just an .app thats inside of the Airfoil.app bundle. You can add "$AIRFOILPATH/Contents/MacOS" to your Alfred "Search Scope" (Settings, Features, Default Results) and you're done.

Another option is to write your own simple Workflow:

1. +, Templates, Essentials, Keyword to Applescript
  2. Choose your keyword (no arguments)
  3. set applescript to 

on alfred_script(q)
tell application "Airfoil Video Player"
set test to track title
end tell
end alfred_script

Thats for the Applescript nice tip

Thanks for the tip Jan!

Works also within the Airfoil workflow:

1. + (upper right corner), Inputs, Keyword

2. like above

3. + (upper right corner), Actions, Run NSAppleScript

4. set applescript like above

5. connect the boxes 

Edited by Davide
  • 1 year later...

Hi

i'd like airfoil to switch to Google Chrome output in order to listen to some videos (i dont really need the images, so no airfoil video player needed) on a specific URL.

I  downloaded jan's workflow and its update by chrishumphreys.

I don't understand at all AppleScript however much I tried. But i can enter the necessary commands or arguments if somebody wants to help.

PS: one more cool feature would be to have Google Chrome open on the same desktop dedicated to airfoil...

Thanks in advance, any help would be vey appreciated.

Hello melifluo,

I dont really understand your problem. You can open your video in chrome and set Airfoil's Input to Chrome and everything should work...?

If Chrome is not shown automatically in Alfred, just switch once in Airfoil. Alfred shows the latest few selections.

BTW: Maybe the Extension is currently not working at the moment. There was a bug in Airfoil, they fixed it but its not yet released.

- jan

Hi Jan,

I just found your workflow and was very happy to see, that someone took the time to create just what I needed :-) Thanks!

I have a problem, though: The speaker-selection does not work. If I select it Alfred just shows the search options (DuckDuckGo, Amazon etc.). Do you know whether this might have to do with the bug you mentioned above?

Hello alfro,

I have a problem, though: The speaker-selection does not work. If I select it Alfred just shows the search options (DuckDuckGo, Amazon etc.). Do you know whether this might have to do with the bug you mentioned above?

yes. The AppleScript that collects the available speaker crashes. I hope the Airfoil update is released soon.

- jan

I dont really understand your problem. You can open your video in chrome and set Airfoil's Input to Chrome and everything should work...?

If Chrome is not shown automatically in Alfred, just switch once in Airfoil. Alfred shows the latest few selections.

BTW: Maybe the Extension is currently not working at the moment. There was a bug in Airfoil, they fixed it but its not yet released.

- jan

Thanks Jan for your help!

I guess I got it now: when entering my KBS for "afsource" i can see below Spotify, Google Chrome and so forth, great, great, great !

But when entering "afspeaker" KBS (keyboard shortcut), nothing happens. This might be due the bug in Airfoil mentioned in this thread, is that right?

Edited by melifluo
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...