Uni Call [v6.031]: The missing universal audio, video call and text workflow for Alfred

Hi guiguan,

I'm on the go, so can't test all now, but a first fast test shows, everything is working. AWESOME workflow! Big thanks!

One thing: if I type only call I'm missing Telephone in the list.

You probably have to provide me a screenshot in order for me to figure out that problem. But my initial guess is that because I limited the number of results to be shown to 20 for the sake of performance, which means, if you have enabled all the call components and the TARGET has quite a few phone numbers, emails etc, results corresponding to other call components could fill out the 20 places and leave results corresponding to Telephone no space to show. However, as time goes by, Alfred will learn your most frequent used call options (no matter whether you used "call TARGET", "calli TARGET" or whatever command to derive the results), so if you have chosen results corresponding to Telephone for a TARGET many times, the "call TARGET" will probably provide you results corresponding to Telephone on top of the list.

Okay, I think I should change the code to at least fully output one matched contact before enforcing the output number limit. :)

Ok, Davide. When you get time, please try this pre-release version to see whether it fixes your problem.

-g

It works perfect now! 

This workflow is absolutely amazing.

(Not absolutely necessary but I included a notification when Pushdialer pushed a number. Sometimes it takes some seconds till the notification reaches the iPhone. Without notification you stay insecure did it work or not.)

It works perfect now! 

This workflow is absolutely amazing.

(Not absolutely necessary but I included a notification when Pushdialer pushed a number. Sometimes it takes some seconds till the notification reaches the iPhone. Without notification you stay insecure did it work or not.)

Glad to hear that.

I think PushDialer will send out a Growl notification to confirm that by default. Not sure whether it supports notification centre or not. +1 for your cautious :)

Hi Guigan,

• using FaceTime: is there a possibility that UniCall shows only the E-Mail or Phone number which is associated with a FaceTime contact?
  • using SIP call: is there a possibility to see the field names of the phone numbers from a contact?
    Some contacts have e.g. 4 phone numbers and I want to call the private and not the business number. With UniCall I can't see which one is it.

Thanks!

Hi Guigan,

• using FaceTime: is there a possibility that UniCall shows only the E-Mail or Phone number which is associated with a FaceTime contact?
  • using SIP call: is there a possibility to see the field names of the phone numbers from a contact?

Some contacts have e.g. 4 phone numbers and I want to call the private and not the business number. With UniCall I can't see which one is it.

Thanks!

using FaceTime: is there a possibility that UniCall shows only the E-Mail or Phone number which is associated with a FaceTime contact?

I don't think there is a way to automatically check whether an email or phone number is associated with FaceTime or not. However, you could manually nominate emails and phone numbers to be FaceTime targets. Please refer to https://github.com/guiguan/Uni-Call#facetime-call

using SIP call: is there a possibility to see the field names of the phone numbers from a contact?

Okay, I will provide label names for those phone numbers in the next release. :)

Edited by guiguan

Click to get the new Uni Call v5.03

New version available:

v5.03 (23/05/13)

• Now those labels for phone number fields in Apple Contacts are shown in front of phone numbers in Uni Call, which can allow you to quickly recognise right phone number target for business, for home etc. Multiple labels can also be used, which are separated by commas. Therefore, you can use FaceTime target nomination along with traditional contact labels, such as using label "iPhone, home".

Hi Guigan,

Thanks!

This is getting better and better. Thanks a lot.

But I recognized that some numbers not shown like in the adressbook. 

I.e. I have some numbers labeled with iPhone or VPN or something else. In the workflow they have no label.

Is this correct?  Thx.

d8cfhwr3xevl.png

This is getting better and better. Thanks a lot.

But I recognized that some numbers not shown like in the adressbook. 

I.e. I have some numbers labeled with iPhone or VPN or something else. In the workflow they have no label.

Is this correct?  Thx.

d8cfhwr3xevl.png

Hey DJay. If the number is labeled as "iDevice", "iPhone", "iPad" or "Mac", then the label is used for FaceTime nomination only (please refer to https://github.com/guiguan/Uni-Call#facetime-call), which will not be shown in Uni Call's search results. However, you could change the label to be like "iDevice, home" to show "home" in Uni Call's search results.

My reasoning behind this is that "iDevice", "iPhone", "iPad" or "Mac" could be useful only for FaceTime, and they have little clue to infer the target type (home, work, business, holiday or something). What do you think?

Hi,

Is it possible to support a Fritz!Box device ? (http://www.avm.de). If you are prepared to support it I can offer test assistance.

Note: Perhaps the easiest way is to call the dialer script offered by Frizzix.

Peter

Hi tooh, I can certainly add support for Fritz!Box. But before that, I need to see the dialer script first. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on its official website. Can you help me with this first?

On my MacBook Pro (early 2011), OS X 10.6.8, Alfred 2.0.4, and Unicall 5.0.3, Unicall crashes every time I try to use it. The crash occurs every time I try to enter anything after typing "Call". 

Here is crash report:

Process:         bash [10288]
Path:            /bin/bash
Identifier:      bash
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  Alfred 2 [93245]

Date/Time:       2013-05-31 18:37:18.673 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0xfffffffffffffff8
Crashed Thread:  Unknown

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
  rax: 0x0000000000000055  rbx: 0x0000000000000000  rcx: 0x0000000000000000  rdx: 0x0000000000000000
  rdi: 0x0000000000000000  rsi: 0x0000000000000000  rbp: 0x0000000000000000  rsp: 0x0000000000000000
   r8: 0x0000000000000000   r9: 0x0000000000000000  r10: 0x0000000000000000  r11: 0x0000000000000000
  r12: 0x0000000000000000  r13: 0x0000000000000000  r14: 0x0000000000000000  r15: 0x0000000000000000
  rip: 0x00007fff5fc01028  rfl: 0x0000000000010203  cr2: 0xfffffffffffffff8

Binary images description not available