Search Google Chrome/Chromium bookmarks

It works just perfect!

Is there any way to add support of chrome's history? I would almost forget about url bar in chrome, If I have history in alfred. 

I did quick research and here is some technical details:

Google Chrome/Chromium application locks "History" database :( when it is running and it means that if you try to open and search something via database you will get:
$ sqlite3 "/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/History"
SQLite version 3.7.12 2012-04-03 19:43:07
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> select * from urls;
Error: database is locked
sqlite> 
From my point of view this feature wouldn't useful, because you have to remember to close the application before searching.

I did quick research and here is some technical details:

Google Chrome/Chromium application locks "History" database :( when it is running and it means that if you try to open and search something via database you will get:
$ sqlite3 "/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/History"
SQLite version 3.7.12 2012-04-03 19:43:07
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> select * from urls;
Error: database is locked
sqlite> 
From my point of view this feature wouldn't useful, because you have to remember to close the application before searching.

Thanks so much for this workflow! (Also, your Alfred site is lovely.) I worked around this problem with my Things workflow by copying the database to a temporary directory, extracting what I needed, then deleting it; it's a hack, but it did the trick with Things.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Amazing (Fastest) Alfred's Google Chrome workflow!

Some feature requests:

Is there a way one can search in a specific folder (ie typing workflow keyword, then the folder's name, then the bookmark we are looking for)?

Would be very useful when one have 10000+ bookmarks classified in small folders of 20 or so bookmarks.

Would love to be able to delete one or a selection of bookmarks from Alfred  :)

Edited by politicus
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...