Wunderlist Workflow

@ltdxdtl and @jumland can you make sure that Access for Assistive Devices is enabled for Alfred? See the instructions on the first page of this thread and let me know if there is still a problem.

It sounds like the workflow is trying to load information about your lists in Wunderlist. That info is stored so that the workflow can operate without activating Wunderlist until you add a task. What you described should only happen once on the first use, so if it is happening continuously my first guess is that the workflow is not being permitted to load that list info. Fingers crossed!

correct settings. jumps to wunderlist  :(

correct settings. jumps to wunderlist  :(

Thanks for checking that, seems we'll need to debug this a bit. Can you locate and attach in a reply the settings.plist file within this directory

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.ipaterson.alfred.wunderlist/

You can get there in Finder by pasting the above path in Go > Go to Folder. Also, what versions of Alfred, Wunderlist, and Mac OS do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it is failing upon trying to read a specific list. Can you send a screenshot of the enabled lists in your Wunderlist OS X app?

Also, more likely the problem, I just realized that the bit of code to make sure Wunderlist is in "Normal View" with the list panel on the left is not running in the case where the list info hasn't been loaded yet. Is it possible that you are using either the Collapsed or Minified view where you see only the tasks with the lists available as a dropdown in the toolbar?

If that is the problem I will need to make it switch to Normal View in order to read the lists, as was intended. The difficult part there is reverting back to the user's preferred view because I have to fiddle with the UI to figure out which view they're in to begin with. I am yearning for AppleScript support in Wunderlist so that this workflow can avoid all the UI meddling...  ^_^

I wonder if it is failing upon trying to read a specific list. Can you send a screenshot of the enabled lists in your Wunderlist OS X app?

Also, more likely the problem, I just realized that the bit of code to make sure Wunderlist is in "Normal View" with the list panel on the left is not running in the case where the list info hasn't been loaded yet. Is it possible that you are using either the Collapsed or Minified view where you see only the tasks with the lists available as a dropdown in the toolbar?

If that is the problem I will need to make it switch to Normal View in order to read the lists, as was intended. The difficult part there is reverting back to the user's preferred view because I have to fiddle with the UI to figure out which view they're in to begin with. I am yearning for AppleScript support in Wunderlist so that this workflow can avoid all the UI meddling...  ^_^

that was the problem, thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there! Great workflow - I'm excited. I am running into some issues though. When I type in a command it brings up the proper Wunderlist dropdowns but then it seems as though Alfred will then try to perform an action as normal. For example, if I type "wl test task" or "wlin task test" - Wunderlist will open, no task will be created, and a google search will be performed for "task test". 

Everything is enabled in System Preferences and I have installed multiple versions of the workflow, including the pre-release mentioned above. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Alex

When I type in a command it brings up the proper Wunderlist dropdowns but then it seems as though Alfred will then try to perform an action as normal. For example, if I type "wl test task" or "wlin task test" - Wunderlist will open, no task will be created, and a google search will be performed for "task test". 

That's very odd! Can you open a new issue for this with the explanation provided above over on Github? That usually works best for communicating back and forth to track down the issue.

• 2 months later...

The next version of the workflow is ready to test. If anyone sees this and has a chance to try it out, version 0.3 should be faster to add tasks and lists and hopefully most of the common bugs have been fixed. New features have been held off for 0.4 due to the growing number of people that had issues with the current version 0.2, so this will have the same features that you are accustomed to. 

Download here and let me know how it works for you! This testing version will update to 0.3 when released if you use a workflow manager to keep up-to-date. If you are a developer and want to contribute or run through a series of semi-automated tests, checkout the develop branch then read the testing instructions. In a nutshell, ./run_tests.sh

Please post any new issues to github or reply to the outstanding issues if you're experiencing the same. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot there than in the Alfred forums!

• 1 year later...

I know this hasn't been addressed in over a year, but....

I downloaded this. Works great!

I'm far from a programmer. Is this as robust as it is because Wunderlist desktop app? Is there potential for Alfred for Trello to have a similar structure in Alfred if someone worked through it? The two programs have quite a few similarities. If not, is it because Trello is web only? Does it have to do with their API?

Mostly inquiry. Thanks!

@leetheadverb, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you using the version of the workflow posted in this thread? It's very outdated now, the workflow has been rewritten due to two circumstances:

1. OS X Yosemite completely broke the version that interacted with Wunderlist.app
  2. Wunderlist finally released a public API

The new version is still in beta testing but it is much better than the previous version. "wl Oil change next Friday repeat every 3 months" sets up a task called "Oil change" due the following Friday and recurring seasonally. Of course, just shortly after I opened up the beta Wunderlist released their own update with natural language dates :rolleyes:  

Perhaps your questions about Alfred for Trello would be better answered via that project's github issues.

@leetheadverb, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you using the version of the workflow posted in this thread? It's very outdated now, the workflow has been rewritten due to two circumstances:

1. OS X Yosemite completely broke the version that interacted with Wunderlist.app
  2. Wunderlist finally released a public API

The new version is still in beta testing but it is much better than the previous version. "wl Oil change next Friday repeat every 3 months" sets up a task called "Oil change" due the following Friday and recurring seasonally. Of course, just shortly after I opened up the beta Wunderlist released their own update with natural language dates :rolleyes:  

Perhaps your questions about Alfred for Trello would be better answered via that project's github issues.

Thanks.

I'm using the beta version, and it works really great for me! Beginning to use Wunderlist for more than concerts and groceries now.

I'll see wha they have to see over in Trello land.

Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

I'm having trouble getting started. I installed the workflow and Alfred shows "Please log in." When I click that I get an error-- "No data received." Alfred2 is allowed to control the computer (System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Accessibility/Alfred2).

10.10.5. Alfred 2.8.1 (425). Workflow version is 0.5.1.

When I type "wl" besides seeing "Please log in" I also see something about updating... from 0.5.1 to 0.5.1. I wonder what that's about.

Would love to start putting this workflow to work! I made one of my own and it works (different purpose) so the mechanism seems to be working. I just can't get to log in properly to get started with WL.

Thank you--

I'm having trouble getting started. I installed the workflow and Alfred shows "Please log in." When I click that I get an error-- "No data received." Alfred2 is allowed to control the computer (System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Accessibility/Alfred2).

Let's try to figure out what is going on here, can you first let me know at which step you see this "No data received" error and whether it is displayed in Alfred, the browser, or an error console? 

1. Click Please log in in the workflow
  2. Browser opens with Wunderlist authorization screen
  3. Log in to Wunderlist
  4. Wunderlist redirects the browser to http://localhost:6200with login info
  5. Workflow handles that browser request and logs you in

Also thanks for reporting the spurious update message, that is odd...

The problem happens between step 1 and step 2. The Browser does not open with Wunderlist authorization screen. Instead, I go straight to this URL:

http://localhost:6200/?state=FCO182B8UMCCH5FOXB16&code=10272fb56f06b5fec124

and that shows "no data received" (in the browser-- the web page says "no data received")

I did see, once, Step 2 as you described. I tried to log into Wunderlist but for some reason was not successful. Maybe I have to clear out a preference to allow the original sequence to happen again.

Edited by christianboyce

Okay I see. After the first time Wunderlist asks you to log in, it does not show the authorization screen again if you are still logged in. There should be a parameter that I can set to make sure it always asks you to log in or choose your account (at least there is with Google login).

The message you are seeing most likely means that the workflow was not able to start the server that listens for that code from Wunderlist. There could be a few reasons why it was not able to do that, but I have tried debugging that with other users in the past and it takes too much time for a feature that is never used again after you log in. It may be that the port is already in use or security settings are blocking the workflow from listening for the auth code.

Anyway, I released an update to address this. After downloading 0.5.2 you should be able to paste the localhost URL into Alfred in order to log in. Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

This is such a cool workflow,  really awesome work and very well put together.  for a future update it might be nice to have the ability to add multiple list items after declaring the location of the items.  ie.  if I'm making a shopping list, it would be nice to say   "wl shopping: milk; cheese; cereal"  and have milk, cheese, and cereal entered as separate list items.  I find myself entering items one at a time and wonder if I should just open the app instead of retyping "wl shopping: each time just to open it up again.  It would also nice for setting up bulk tasks for each morning.  "wl todays tasks: meeting today at 10:00am; baseball practice at 3:00pm; Date night at 8:00pm; etc.  Anyway, just a thought, thanks for your work, still love the workflow.