Things.app Workflow Syncing ideas needed

Hi All, 

I have a workflow in place that makes it easy to add a todo to the Things.app. 

BUT it leaves the Things app open. Then I added a Applescript that tells the app to close. This works but I found that that it closes too fast, meaning that the Things app does not have time to sync the new changes to the server, meaning I can't view the newly added todo on iOS...

Is there anyway I can build in a delay, or force Things to sync before quitting? Maybe any other ideas? Thanks!

Hi All, 

I have a workflow in place that makes it easy to add a todo to the Things.app. 

BUT it leaves the Things app open. Then I added a Applescript that tells the app to close. This works but I found that that it closes too fast, meaning that the Things app does not have time to sync the new changes to the server, meaning I can't view the newly added todo on iOS...

Is there anyway I can build in a delay, or force Things to sync before quitting? Maybe any other ideas? Thanks!

You can add a delay in Applescript, but as far as waiting long enough to sync.. I'm not sure since I don't know how long it would take for it to sync. Is there a way to force a sync of the data in Things through Applescript? Obviously I'm not a Things user..

Thanks for your reply. 

In Things there's a menu option under 'File' called 'Update with Things Cloud'. So this should be the force-option.

So I think I need to tell Things to Update with Things Cloud and then there needs to be the delay you say that can be built in. What code should I use for the delay?

Thanks for your reply. 

In Things there's a menu option under 'File' called 'Update with Things Cloud'. So this should be the force-option.

So I think I need to tell Things to Update with Things Cloud and then there needs to be the delay you say that can be built in. What code should I use for the delay?

In AppleScript it's just delay X where X is the number of seconds to delay

Thanks, it worked!

In the 'Add Task to Things' workflow I added an output -> Run Script and set the language to /usr/bin/osascript

Then I entered the following code:

delay 15

tell application "Things" to quit

I did not even need to force Things to sync as it syncs by itself within 10sec (but you could probably set it to more if you need, maybe for an other app?)

Anyway, it workss now, I'm happy, and thanks for your help!