Workflow - disabling does not release keyboard shortcut override

iaian7

Alfred version 2.1.1 (227)
OS X 10.8.5

How to replicate the issue:
- I created a workflow that used a command-numkey combination to trigger an action in Finder (setting a file label via NSAppleScript). This should have been limited to only when Finder was active, but I didn't see a way to do that, so I just left it as-is.
- When I was done with the project that required Finder labels, I deactivated the workflow in Alfred. It displays as greyed out and the keyboard shortcuts no longer label files in Finder.
- However, the keyboard shortcuts still do not work in ANY application. For example, pressing command-0 in Photoshop no longer fits to the view. It just does nothing.
- It appears that Alfred is not releasing keyboard shortcuts when a workflow is disabled.
- This is persistent across multiple reboots.
- I have not tried removing the workflow as I may need it in the future...I just need to be able to use my other apps as normal in the meantime!

Two requests:
- Allow for workflows to be disabled so that other apps can function properly (in other words, disabling a workflow should also disable the keyboard overrides).
- If possible, allow for app-specific workflows (much like how Automator's Services can be app-specific).

Edited by iaian7

Alfred version 2.1.1 (227)
OS X 10.8.5

How to replicate the issue:
- I created a workflow that used a command-numkey combination to trigger an action in Finder (setting a file label via NSAppleScript). This should have been limited to only when Finder was active, but I didn't see a way to do that, so I just left it as-is.
- When I was done with the project that required Finder labels, I deactivated the workflow in Alfred. It displays as greyed out and the keyboard shortcuts no longer label files in Finder.
- However, the keyboard shortcuts still do not work in ANY application. For example, pressing command-0 in Photoshop no longer fits to the view. It just does nothing.
- It appears that Alfred is not releasing keyboard shortcuts when a workflow is disabled.
- This is persistent across multiple reboots.
- I have not tried removing the workflow as I may need it in the future...I just need to be able to use my other apps as normal in the meantime!

Two requests:
- Allow for workflows to be disabled so that other apps can function properly (in other words, disabling a workflow should also disable the keyboard overrides).
- If possible, allow for app-specific workflows (much like how Automator's Services can be app-specific).

The hotkey being kept reserved is by design as it prevents this hotkey from being reserved elsewhere, which would break things when re-enabling a workflow. There is no way for Alfred to tell that this hotkey has been reserved elsewhere so you would get conflicts.

As for app-specific workflows, this is something I've also considered, but it would make Alfred much more heavyweight as he would have to constantly watch OS X's app state and change context on any app context changes. Contextual workflows hasn't been requested for enough for me to make a heavier weight Alfred worthwhile.

[moving to noted]

Cheers,

Andrew