Introducing Mail Actions
Go crazy minimal with Mail.app and still stay functional thanks to the power of Alfred 2 Workflows. See it in Action here
Use Alfred to:
- Navigate Mailboxes from Alfred.
Drill down to the Mailbox you want and action the result.
- Move/Copy selected emails with Alfred.
Type a few keywords to choose the desired folder. ↩ to move, ⌥+↩ to copy.
In order to limit the overhead of always having to query and generate a list of all Mailboxes, the workflow store the information in a plist file that is updated every 7 days. The file is located at:
~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.palobo.mailactions/mbCache.plist
Download and import or alternatively use AlfPT.
- mm - Move the selected messages to the chosen folder;
- mm - With ⌥ as modifier copies the messages rather than moving
- mg - Go To the chosen folder.
mgu - Show list of mailboxes with unread messages
- minfo - Choose to view either Info & Usage or Change Log. Tries to use Marked otherwise it will use your default app for .md files.
- ⇧⌘A - Toggle script to Move/Copy messages
- ⇧⌘Z - Toggle script to Go To Mailbox;
- ⇧⌘R - Mark every unread message in current mailbox as read;
- ⇧⌘D - Delete every message in current mailbox!! (USe with caution)
- ⌘U - Show list of mailboxes with unread messages
- Implement an action to update the cache on demand;
- Add history feature, showing list of last X used mailboxes for quick access;
- Filter list of mailboxes with unread mail;
- Integrate other useful workflows such as send to evernote/taskpaper etc.;
- FIXED: Code optimisation by Carlos-SZ. Results are now limited to 20 mailboxes at a time. XML Encoding has also been optimised (Initial work by Carlos-Sz, improved by Ursan Razvan).
FIXED: Unread count was getting stored with folder list and not being updated on each run;
NEW: Hotkey to mark all messages (unread messages in current mailbox) as read;
NEW: Hotkey to delete every message in current mailbox (useful for me anyway)
NEW: Keyword/Hotkey to show list of mailboxes with unread messages
- Now shows unread count next to mailboxes that have unread emails.
- Added Support for Local Mailboxes
- Added a new Action to view Info & Usage or Change Log
- Fixed small encoding bug where special characters weren't encoded thus forming invalid XML.
- Fixed wrong information in the Go To action (Thanks CarlosNZ);
- Uploaded to AlfPT (Forgot to do that initially)
Edited by Pedro Lobo, 23 April 2013 - 02:57 PM.