These may be some pretty stupid questions, but I am struggling on how to use this workflow or it just doesn’t work for me. I uninstalled previous versions and trying to get v3.0 b2 to work.

When I type “pocket” I get a list if my OLDEST links first. So my questions are:

• Can I change sort order to display most recent articles first?
  • Does this workflow require the Mac Pocket App to be installed?
  • How do I trigger tags? I tried “pocket #tagname” but nothing happens.
  • Can you get it to show archived links as well?

Note: I am a premium user.

Thanks for your time,

Michael Woodruff

Seems to be working fine here. Anything in particular you would like me to look/test for?

Nothing in particular. You shouldn't be able to notice any changes if everything's working fine!

These may be some pretty stupid questions, but I am struggling on how to use this workflow or it just doesn’t work for me. I uninstalled previous versions and trying to get v3.0 b2 to work.

When I type “pocket” I get a list if my OLDEST links first. So my questions are:

Thanks for your time,

Michael Woodruff

This is weird.

First of all, you don't need the app the be installed.

The sorting order should already be recent articles first.

I might add customization options like "show archived items" later. I'll open an issue for that on GitHub.

If you could send me your access token via PN, I might be able to debug the problem.

You can find the token in your KeyChain Access and it's in a login item called 'com.fniephaus.pocket'.

Obviously, I won't change anything in your Pocket list...  :)

Cheers,

Fabio

Thanks for your time,

Michael Woodruff

Same for me, i am getting my oldest links as well

• 1 month later...

@fniephaus

I tried last summer to check what was preventing your pocket workflow from working on my Lion machine and found out that it had to do with the alfred-workflow python library not being10.7 compatible (as explained in this thread).

I'm just letting you know that your worklfow, and likely many others, will now be  10.7 compatible (and likely 10.6), thanks to the alfred-workflow library's latest update that fixes the keychain issue on 10.6 and 10.7.

I was able to test that the worflow work on my machine with this update. Thanks for your workflow anyway.

Edited by ChrisDeveloper

@fniephaus

I tried last summer to check what was preventing your pocket workflow from working on my Lion machine and found out that it had to do with the alfred-workflow python library not being10.7 compatible (as explained in this thread).

I'm just letting you know that your worklfow, and likely many others, will now be  10.7 compatible (and likely 10.6), thanks to the alfred-workflow library's latest update that fixes the keychain issue on 10.6 and 10.7.

I was able to test that the worflow work on my machine with this update. Thanks for your workflow anyway.

Thanks for the info, Chris!

I've updated Alfred-Workflow and pushed a new release which adds support for OS X 10.6+:

https://github.com/fniephaus/alfred-pocket/releases/tag/v4.1

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes calling the workflow produces no results when it did previously. If I delete com.fniephaus.pocket from Keychain and run the workflow again everything is fine. Is there something I can do to prevent this behavior?

Are you using the latest version? Could you run "pocket wf:reset"?

If the problem persists, how can I reproduce the problem?

The version I'm using was downloaded last week from Packal. When I type "pocket wf:reset" and press return nothing occurs visibly, its is as if its waiting for an argument. I assume it would prompt me to reauthorize after running the reset?

The access token is saved in your Keychain, so it's not deleted when you reset the workflow.

Resetting the workflow will delete all workflow-related settings as well as the cache.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Great workflow, I use it very long time. But yesterday I updated it to the last version and unfortunately it starts to show me that my list is empty, when it's not. Now it works from time to time. I downgraded back to the version 1.8 and it starts to work properly.

Edited by scraplesh

Great workflow, I use it very long time. But yesterday I updated it to the last version and unfortunately it starts to show me that my list is empty, when it's not. Now it works from time to time. I downgraded back to the version 1.8 and it starts to work properly.

Hi scraplesh,

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem is that the caching format has been changed with version 4.

This means that it's necessary to clear the cache when upgrading from all versions below v4.0.

And exactly this should now happen automatically if you install the latest version (v4.3):

https://github.com/fniephaus/alfred-pocket/releases/tag/v4.3

Can you give it a try and let me know if this has resolved your issue?

Thanks,

Fabio

• 5 months later...

Great workflow.  Is there anyway to get this to show a "Preview".  I even disabled your cmd and shift modifiers to see if I could use cmd Y/shift to view a preview, but nothing happened.  

Thanks,

John

What do you mean by a "Preview"? A text version of the link?

Unfortunately, Alfred Workflows can't really render HTML Previews or something like that.

You could extend the workflow with a text preview, but since it would only be possible to show a few words, I doubt that it'd be very useful.

Any other ideas?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If arg is a URL, you can preview the webpage by hitting SHIFT (Quicklook) on a result.

Oh nice! I didn't know about this.

Is there any way to have more than just the URL as arg while being able to do the Quicklook? Or is there a way to define arguments depending on the current modifier?

Edited by deanishe
Correcting my own mistake that Fabio quoted