Wikify (Evernote Wiki-Helper)

do shell script "open " & satimage_pkg & " -a Installer"

Open the script and paste this in. Then save and rerun.

on run
--get path to current directory
set base_path to my get_base_path()

--prepare path to Python converter script
set satimage_pkg to base_path & "Satimage398.pkg"

set sResult to do shell script "xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine '" & satimage_pkg & "'"
do shell script "sleep 0.2"
do shell script "open '" & satimage_pkg & "' -a Installer"

end run

on get_base_path()
set {tid, AppleScript's text item delimiters} to {AppleScript's text item delimiters, "/"}
set _path to (text items 1 thru -2 of (POSIX path of (path to me)) as string) & "/"
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to tid
return _path
end get_base_path

error "xattr: No such file: /Users/Brandon/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.8CE5BF0A-F2CA-4F0B-80D7-CBF87F519606/Satimage398.pkg" number 1

Highlight: 

do shell script "xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine '" & satimage_pkg & "'"

What version of Evernote are you using? And can you run the script in Script Editor again and tell me the highlighted line?

Evernote Version 6.0.5 (451190 Direct)

find text "<body.*?>(.*?)</body>" in this_html using "\\1" regexpflag {"MULTILINE"} with regexp and string result
  • 2 months later...

I got same error as Br4ndon got. I'm not familiar with scripts (and English), but I tried to solve this problem.

In Evernote6, "HTML content" no longer contain "<body></body>" (I confirmed this by inserting "return this_html" just above the line containing this problem.). So I replaced "find text "<body.*?>(.*?)</body>" in this_html" with "find text "\".*?(.*?)\"" in this_html", and this change seems working well. 

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

About this, 

I am not sure if this would work, but I went into the workflow and tried to run the script for wfy. It gives me an Apple Script error: "Evernote got an error: Can’t get notebook "!nbox"."

Inbox is the name of my default notebook, the one in which the note I was selecting is. 

Hope it helps. 

I have the same problem,

... It is not so much an issue because I primarily use: ensel,

Best,

I am in the middle of some hectic work, but I will check in on this workflow hopefully sooner rather than later. Could someone post a list of the outstanding/remaining issues, so I know what to look for when I get back at it?

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for your work on this! I am having trouble with the wfy keyword command.

I can create a "wikified" note in Evernote by typing the note in Markdown and sending it to Evernote with "mden" It finds all existing notes with titles that match phrases in the Markdown and links to them. Great! The problem occurs when I try and convert existing Evernote notes into "wikified" notes.

Debugging the "wfy" command I get the following line when running "wfy" with one note selected:

[iNFO: alfred.workflow.input.keyword] Processing output 'alfred.workflow.action.script' with arg ''

Maybe this looks like there is no value being passed to the command to go and search for?

Selecting multiple notes gives this error:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.action.script] wikify_sel.scpt: execution error: Evernote got an error: No result was returned from some part of this expression. (-2763)

Digging into the wikify_sel.scpt script it is in this expression

find text "<body.*?>(.*?)</body>" in this_html using "\\1" regexpflag {"MULTILINE"} with regexp and string result

I don't know AppleScript, otherwise I'd try and fix. Hopefully this gives you enough info to debug. I am considering learning AppleScript just to keep this functionality alive for me, it is that useful. Thanks!

Best,

Chad

P.S. Using latest Wikify build 2.6 and Mac Yosemite and Evernote 6.0.15

Edited by heychad

Did you install the Satimage package? It's a prerequisite of those features. You can start the installation via the wfy:install keyword.

If you already have it installed, it would suggest that Evernote has changed something about its underlying notes structure, that will require me to figure that out. Can't give a firm deadline on that, but I will get to it.

Edited by smarg19
  • 3 months later...

Just Updated to the latest version, and mden no longer works, the script selects all notes (19,000) and pauses at the Evernote window: TOC, Merge, Move, ...,

Thanks for any info, I have not tried to debug yet, not keen on rerunning the script.

• 2 months later...

I got same error as Br4ndon got. I'm not familiar with scripts (and English), but I tried to solve this problem.

In Evernote6, "HTML content" no longer contain "<body></body>" (I confirmed this by inserting "return this_html" just above the line containing this problem.). So I replaced "find text "<body.*?>(.*?)</body>" in this_html" with "find text "\".*?(.*?)\"" in this_html", and this change seems working well. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you! for this guidance, 

Running wikify_sel.scpt with this edit, works fine, great actually,

Running from Alfred works fine and throws an error

Starting debug for 'Wikify'

{Before edit}
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.action.script] wikify_sel.scpt: execution error: Evernote got an error: No result was returned from some part of this expression. (-2763)

{After edit}

[iNFO: alfred.workflow.input.keyword] Processing output 'alfred.workflow.action.script' with arg ''
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.action.script] osascript: couldn't save changes to script wikify_sel.scpt: Signaled when a runtime internal data structure overflows

I'll keep looking for what this means, 

Best,

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: Version 2.6 mixes a minor problem in enmd where previously paragraphs were broken into lines of a fixed length. Now, Evernote paragraphs are properly converted to MD paragraphs.

@40-02, still not certain about your bug. It might be the Russian. Could you share the Evernote note that caused the error?

stephen

This bug has resurfaced for me in version 3.1. enmd truncates lines at 77 characters in the outputted .md file. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this?

EDIT: Found the culprit. Go into the dependencies folder and edit the html2text.py file. I changed line 48 to "BODY_WIDTH = 0"

Best,

Chad

Edited by heychad