No album art in iTunes mini player

In the iTunes mini player, no album artwork is displayed for anything (artists, albums or tracks).

This is true across a mix of MP3 and iTunes sourced music, all with album art that displays correctly in iTunes and iTunes notifications.

This has previously worked, but recently (since 2.2 upgrade?) artwork has stopped showing for some newly added music.

I reset the music library and the artwork, and since then no artwork is displayed.

I'm using OS X Mavericks 10.9.2, iTunes 11.1.5 (5) and Alfred v2.2 (243)

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

tim

In the iTunes mini player, no album artwork is displayed for anything (artists, albums or tracks).

Hi Tim,

The iTunes XML library file that contains the details of your music collection may have changed or been moved, possibly resulting in artwork not being found. 

To check that Alfred is looking at the right library, compare the two file paths in Alfred and iTunes:
  • In Alfred: In Preferences, under Features > iTunes > Advanced
  • In iTunes 11: In Preferences, under Advanced
These file paths should match, ensuring Alfred can see the latest XML file available. If the path is incorrect, change it in Alfred to match iTunes' path.

Once you've done this, rebuild the library again and see whether all your artwork is found. :)

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,
Vero

The library paths were all OK.

After a system crash and a reboot last night, and an Alfred hang + force quite this morning, album art is showing up again for all files.

Based on some of the graphics glitches in Mavericks, I'd be inclined to blame the system restart for fixing this.

Thanks anyway Alfred's Mum.

tim

• 3 weeks later...