Alfred sometimes fails to launch at login

Every once in a while Alfred fails to launch at login even though "Launch Alfred at login" is enabled. I own 2 Mac's, both running 10.9.2 (although this problem has been around since 10.9) and have witnessed the same issue on both machines on multiple occasions. I believe this is a problem with Mavericks since I don't seem to recall running into this issue while using Mountain Lion.

It's a very minor problem but a nuisance nonetheless and I can't seem to find any other threads addressing the same issue.

Thanks for your time in advance.

OS X 10.9.2

Alfred version: 2.2(243)

Every once in a while Alfred fails to launch at login even though "Launch Alfred at login" is enabled. I own 2 Mac's, both running 10.9.2 (although this problem has been around since 10.9) and have witnessed the same issue on both machines on multiple occasions. I believe this is a problem with Mavericks since I don't seem to recall running into this issue while using Mountain Lion.

It's a very minor problem but a nuisance nonetheless and I can't seem to find any other threads addressing the same issue.

Thanks for your time in advance.

OS X 10.9.2

Alfred version: 2.2(243)

Do you have anything else in your Login Items (System Preferences > Users & Groups > [user] > Login Items) as whenever users have seen issues like this in the past, it's been another login item before Alfred preventing him from launching.

Hi Andrew.

I indeed do have multiple applications run at login. Most notably Dropbox, iStat Menus and Google Japanese Language input (but for some reason the latter 2 are not listed under Login Items). Sometimes Chrome, Apple Mail, and other applications that I decided not to close before a reboot or shutdown launch via the App Resume function of the OS but I know for fact that I've enabled the first 3 myself. 

I've noticed lately that whenever Alfred fails to launch, the "Launch Alfred at login" box has been unchecked. I've tried manually adding Alfred in the Login Items on multiple occasions but somehow it still manages to fail at launch randomly 

Are there any known programs that have been reported to mess with Alfred's auto launch? If so what was the work around?

Hi Andrew.

I indeed do have multiple applications run at login. Most notably Dropbox, iStat Menus and Google Japanese Language input (but for some reason the latter 2 are not listed under Login Items). Sometimes Chrome, Apple Mail, and other applications that I decided not to close before a reboot or shutdown launch via the App Resume function of the OS but I know for fact that I've enabled the first 3 myself. 

I've noticed lately that whenever Alfred fails to launch, the "Launch Alfred at login" box has been unchecked. I've tried manually adding Alfred in the Login Items on multiple occasions but somehow it still manages to fail at launch randomly 

Are there any known programs that have been reported to mess with Alfred's auto launch? If so what was the work around?

Andrew may suggest something else on top of this but I would suggest going to Disk Utility and repairing permissions on your drive. In a lot of cases, when users find that they mark a setting or set something up a specific way and it keeps reverting back to the original config, it was caused by permissions issues. Whatever was responsible for writing that setting somewhere tried, but couldn't, and setting never really changes.