Homebrew and Cask for Alfred

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Excited about this workflow! However, after installing the first time I typed Brew I got the following message (see attached) "Alfred 4 needs to be updated". Upon hitting the "Learn more..." it took me to: https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/

Not sure if there's a build-in python in Alfred or I should just replace the "python" in the workflow with "python2" or "python3", but I'm not sure if this will have any consequences...?

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 02.36.45.png

7 hours ago, nesdroc said:

I should just replace the "python" in the workflow with "python2" or "python3", but I'm not sure if this will have any consequences...?

Changing it to python2 will make no difference: on a normal system, it’s the same program as python. Changing python to python3 will break a lot of workflows because Python 3 isn’t very compatible with Python 2.

The only real, long-term fix is to rewrite the workflows to work with Python 3.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 11:39 AM, vitor said:

@beetlefrosch The Workflow is in need of an update, due to Apple’s removal of Python 2 with macOS. The linked table then has an updated version which will work.

Hmm. I installed the version you linked, but it seems to be ineffective. No error message. But no new workflows are appearing when I enter the terms `cask` or `homebrew` in Alfred's search bar. It's like it's invisible to Alfred.

• 4 months later...