can't install workflows

Hey there - having some problems viewing and installing workflows. I can create and save blank workflows without problem. But, none of the example workflow templates will load. I'll select one, and nothing will happen. Similarly, when I double-click any ".alfredworkflow" file to install a downloaded workflow, nothing happens. 

When I look at the Console error log, there are errors about an Alfred Preferences working folder not existing. Screenshot:

alfred_error.jpg

So, I tried deleting both the Alfred app and the Alfred files/folder in /Library/Application Support. Then, I did a fresh install of Alfred 2. Alfred 2 folder was regenerated in /Library/Application Support/, but still no dice on the workflows.

Any ideas?

Hey there - having some problems viewing and installing workflows. I can create and save blank workflows without problem. But, none of the example workflow templates will load. I'll select one, and nothing will happen. Similarly, when I double-click any ".alfredworkflow" file to install a downloaded workflow, nothing happens. 

When I look at the Console error log, there are errors about an Alfred Preferences working folder not existing. Screenshot:

alfred_error.jpg

So, I tried deleting both the Alfred app and the Alfred files/folder in /Library/Application Support. Then, I did a fresh install of Alfred 2. Alfred 2 folder was regenerated in /Library/Application Support/, but still no dice on the workflows.

Any ideas?

This sounds like a corrupted permissions issue, so try the following steps:

- Quit Alfred

- Launch Disk Utility and repair permissions

- Restart your Mac

- Relaunch Alfred to see whether things work as expected

Let me know how you get on :)

No dice, unfortunately. Repaired permissions, restarted, relaunched Alfred. Still get the same error in the Console when I try to add a new Workflow from a template.

Another error I'm getting as well. When I run any any Alfred command involving iTunes, I get the following error.

alfred.png

Perhaps related?

• 2 months later...

Finally got a chance to try this again. Still no dice. Did a fresh install and still same deal. Can't install workflows and still get that same error in the Console. I attached more details about the Alfred exception that was thrown.

alfred_error3.png