'Launch apps', 'toggle visibility' and Chrome Apps

matt.dolan

I have a workflow that launches (not toggles) Chrome on one hotkey (A), and a workflow that launches/toggles a Chrome App on a different hotkey (B). It doesn't work well.

The hotkey for one will often trigger the other.

The Chrome App will never get toggled to hidden, focus just shifts to Chrome.

I suspect the problem is that the Chrome App is hard to distinguish from Chrome itself, but when using Chrome Apps in separate windows from Chrome, it's annoying that Alfred can't switch to them as well as with normal apps.

I have a workflow that launches (not toggles) Chrome on one hotkey (A), and a workflow that launches/toggles a Chrome App on a different hotkey ( B). It doesn't work well.

The hotkey for one will often trigger the other.

The Chrome App will never get toggled to hidden, focus just shifts to Chrome.

I suspect the problem is that the Chrome App is hard to distinguish from Chrome itself, but when using Chrome Apps in separate windows from Chrome, it's annoying that Alfred can't switch to them as well as with normal apps.

I suspect there is nothing I can do about this as they are, after all, just web pages running in Google Chrome, and the actual app in OS X is still Chrome.

I'm going to move this to noted and may take a deeper look if Chrome Apps become more popular / established.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 year later...