Pinboard 1.53 (Alfred 4): Search, Add and Delete Bookmarks

@All

Here is a first Alfred 3 version of Pinboard workflow: download

Awesome workflow, thanks! Works very well for me overall, I've just noticed a minor quirk: tags don't seem to update every time "preload" is run, i.e. the bookmarks update as expected but if I have created a new tag on pinboard.in it seems to take a while before it's updated in the local cache of this workflow.

Awesome workflow, thanks! Works very well for me overall, I've just noticed a minor quirk: tags don't seem to update every time "preload" is run, i.e. the bookmarks update as expected but if I have created a new tag on pinboard.in it seems to take a while before it's updated in the local cache of this workflow.

It seems it is a pinboard.in not updating right away.

Just a heads up Carlos, when you renamed the topic, you forgot the "P" in Pinboard :)

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Running Alfred 3.0.2 and downloaded latest workflow - get the following error when trying to set token - never get prompted for the token

Starting debug for 'Pinboard'

[2016-06-26 13:05:14][input.keyword] Processing output of 'action.script' with arg ''
[2016-06-26 13:05:14][ERROR: action.script] 35:44: syntax error: A “"” can’t go after this identifier. (-2740)

+1 for @bgrinter's question.

When I first ran the workflow prompted for my API token but then was unable to use it.

I went to try reentering it by deleting the workflow and adding it, by using ptoken, but both fail. Delete and reinstall results in the 1st run never re-prompting. ptoken does not allow me to enter my token.

Debug shows the same as above post.

Tks lots for any pointers anyone ^_^

Running Alfred 3.0.2 and downloaded latest workflow - get the following error when trying to set token - never get prompted for the token

Starting debug for 'Pinboard'

[2016-06-26 13:05:14][input.keyword] Processing output of 'action.script' with arg ''
[2016-06-26 13:05:14][ERROR: action.script] 35:44: syntax error: A “"” can’t go after this identifier. (-2740)

+1 for @bgrinter's question.

When I first ran the workflow prompted for my API token but then was unable to use it.

I went to try reentering it by deleting the workflow and adding it, by using ptoken, but both fail. Delete and reinstall results in the 1st run never re-prompting. ptoken does not allow me to enter my token.

Debug shows the same as above post.

Tks lots for any pointers anyone ^_^

The first time: before entering the API token you have to press Enter then a new Alfred window will be displayed for you to, finally, enter the API token.

I have just tested and it worked.

Thanks Carlos—I tried all sorts of ways to get the token in with 1.3 but maybe not the one you noted, but either way thank you for the tip and **thank you** for v1.4 - it's great! ^_^

PS: I had to quit and open Alfred (latest v3 ver) for `ps` and other Pinboard commands to work, obvious probably but in case of any help to anyone.

Edited by alanfluff

Thanks Carlos—I tried all sorts of ways to get the token in with 1.3 but maybe not the one you noted, but either way thank you for the tip and **thank you** for v1.4 - it's great! ^_^

PS: I had to quit and open Alfred (latest v3 ver) for `ps` and other Pinboard commands to work, obvious probably but in case of any help to anyone.

I'm glad to hear it worked!

Hey, 

alfred-pinboard worked great for me. But since version 1.4. for alfred 3 i am not able to add bookmarks via "pa" or hotkey. Do you have any ideas? I also re-installed, shut down alfred, but nothing works for me. All other options work fine. 

Thanks in Advance!

Hey, 

alfred-pinboard worked great for me. But since version 1.4. for alfred 3 i am not able to add bookmarks via "pa" or hotkey. Do you have any ideas? I also re-installed, shut down alfred, but nothing works for me. All other options work fine. 

Thanks in Advance!

I'll make some tests later today.

You can keep using version 1.3 though. 

Hey, 

Thanks in Advance!

What Browser do you use?

Google Chrome seems to be broken regarding the AppleScript command to get active its tab information.

I just had the same kind of issue. Turns out my Parallels version of Google Chrome was invoked from the AppleScript. More details here: https://github.com/vitorgalvao/alfred-workflows/issues/20#issuecomment-231108189

Thank you for sharing it.

Yesterday the AppleScript was not working. I started Parallels 10, register it (again) then I disabled sharing applications. After that the AppleScript and Google Chrome worked properly again.

Hey, 

thanks for your quick replies. I tried Chrome as well as Safari. None of them worked. As you suggested i tried version 1.3. - but in this version i am not able to enter my api-token. With version 1.5. it is still not working to add bookmarks. Whether Safari nor Chrome.

– Johannes 

Hey, 

thanks for your quick replies. I tried Chrome as well as Safari. None of them worked. As you suggested i tried version 1.3. - but in this version i am not able to enter my api-token. With version 1.5. it is still not working to add bookmarks. Whether Safari nor Chrome.

– Johannes 

Can you please test the following version?

Download 1.51

I've found that some links was not added due the not so usual characters.

You should see a better error information.

You can also try to add Alfred 3 and Script Editor to the System Preferences>Security and Privacy>Accessibility if the version still doesn't work at all for you.

In addition, double check your Pinboard API and that you are entering correctly in Alfred Preferences.

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you please test the following version?

Download 1.51

I've found that some links was not added due the not so usual characters.

You should see a better error information.

You can also try to add Alfred 3 and Script Editor to the System Preferences>Security and Privacy>Accessibility if the version still doesn't work at all for you.

In addition, double check your Pinboard API and that you are entering correctly in Alfred Preferences.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hey, 

i tested the new version as well as adding script editor and alfred to accessibility settings. Still not working. 

If i enter "pa" nothing happens. No error, no notification.

My credentials work fine - i can fire "ps" and everything shows up. Also "preload" works. The credentials work also in other applications.

You’re welcome.     

Hey, 

i tested the new version as well as adding script editor and alfred to accessibility settings. Still not working. 

If i enter "pa" nothing happens. No error, no notification.

My credentials work fine - i can fire "ps" and everything shows up. Also "preload" works. The credentials work also in other applications.

You’re welcome.     

I did a version that logs most steps of the Add procedure.

It will create a log_pinboard.txt in your desktop so you can easily check what was logged.

By the way, It will log your token API twice. You can open the file, check if they are right and replace them by random characters.

Please, after deleting your API from the log send the file or the content to me.

Please, try to delete the workflow and install the new one.

Download here

Thank you.

Hey, 

i tried the workflow on my other mac and it worked just fine. So i tried something different. I deleted all application support files regarding pinboard workflow, as well as alfred and the workflow itself. Then i reinstalled everything and now it works. I think there were some invalid credentials due to the update from different versions. 

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for everything!

• 5 months later...

Love this workflow.

I've noticed that it seems to fail when the url includes a "#". For example, when I attempt to add the url "https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Zsh#Making_Zsh_your_default_shell" I get the "Error. Try it later." message. However, stripping out the hash and everything after solves it. No big deal of course, once you know the cause. Just thought I'd point this out in case it helps someone else.