Gmail Client for Alfred

Hi folks,

I'm working on this new workflow which allows you to control your Gmail emails with Alfred.

screenshot.gif

Features
  • Quickly access your latest emails with Alfred
  • Supported actions:
    • Mark As Read/Unread
    • Archive
    • Move To Inbox/Trash
    • Quick reply
    • Add label
  • Automatically uses a dark or light icon set depending on your current Alfred theme
  • Background cache refresh
  • Uses the official Gmail API to securely access your Gmail account
  • Uses OAuth 2.0 to authorize the workflow
  • Saves your access_token securely in OS X's keychain

Feel free to give some feedback!

Github: https://github.com/fniephaus/alfred-gmail

Download-Link: https://github.com/fniephaus/alfred-gmail/releases/latest

Edited by fniephaus

Very nice workflow.

Richard: You should just be able to make a copy of the workflow for each account (changing the bundle ID and keyword). Your credentials are stored under the bundle ID in your Keychain, so they won't clash.

Edited by deanishe

Very nice workflow.

Richard: You should just be able to make a copy of the workflow for each account (changing the bundle ID and keyword). Your credentials are stored under the bundle ID in your Keychain, so they won't clash.

Yea, that is what I ended up doing. Just changed the keyword to differentiate accounts.

@Florian: "mark as read" action is now supported in v0.3!

@politicus: all you have to do, is to replace labelIds=['INBOX'] with labelIds=['UNREAD'] in the following line:

https://github.com/fniephaus/alfred-gmail/blob/0a63a64e198b7c48799ffef2e8cf89b47e6b368a/src/gmail_refresh.py#L58

I kept this workflow quite simple for now, but I could certainly turn this into a more complex client with label and global search support...

Awsome!!! I love it from the first sight! 

It what I was dreaming about for so long!!!!

Is it possible to send short replys on messages via alfred? 

For example with command (after choosing needed conversation) - like:

gmail: %this is reply text%

@fniephaus

Hi! 

Latest workflow (initially install) not work for inbox label without first workflow's authorisation.

By the way, thank you, really helpful workflows)

And just one thing: both workflows don’t works if path to Alfred’s sync folder contains non-latin symbols (like russian, for example), but it’s not very important :) 

Edited by katyarun

And just one thing: both workflows don’t works if path to Alfred’s sync folder contains non-latin symbols (like russian, for example), but it’s not very important :) 

That's 100% my fault: the problem is in a library that I wrote, which this workflow uses. I released a new version about 20 minutes ago that fixes this problem. I'm sure Fabio will update his workflow very soon to fix my error, but if you really can't wait, download the updated library from here, extract the zip file, and replace the workflow subdirectory in the Gmail workflow with the one from the zip file. That should fix the problem.

Edited by deanishe

That's 100% my fault: the problem is in a library that I wrote, which this workflow uses. I released a new version about 20 minutes ago that fixes this problem. I'm sure Fabio will update his workflow very soon to fix my error, but if you really can't wait, download the updated library from here, extract the zip file, and replace the workflow subdirectory in the Gmail workflow with the one from the zip file. That should fix the problem.

Don't do it, katyarun! This workflow is using a custom alfred-workflow version. The official version does not include the updater yet and will also break the workflow.

I will fix everything soon...let's just wait for more bug reports :)

Edited by fniephaus

I keep getting an error.

Error in Workflow 'path to Alfred preferences'

'Labellds'

The authentication for Gmail completed successfully so wondered if I need something else to make it work.

Thanks in advance 

Can you provide more information on this? In which line is the workflow failing?

I assume you're working with the beta version?