Spotlight finds apps; Alfred doesn't

Hello,

Recently I've started using Alfred v2 and liked it so much that I bought a Mega Supporter Powerpack. The app has been working great for me, until I did a clean install of Mac OS X. Now Alfred only shows pre-installed apps like Maps, Calculator, etc. (these are in /Applications) but it will not show the apps I install though Homebrew Cask (the ones in ~/Applications) Strangely, Spotlight shows apps from both /Applications as well as ~/Applications perfectly. As a matter of fact they show up instantly right after the app finishes installing. I use Homebrew Cask exclusively for installing apps, so this is kind of a deal breaker for me.

I already have linked Alfred to Cask with the following:

$ brew cask alfred link
==> Successfully linked Alfred to homebrew-cask.

But still Alfred wouldn't show my ~/Applications apps. I have tried rebuilding Spotlight's index (although I don't think I need that because as I said, apps show up on Spotlight instantly) and reloading Alfred's cache afterwards, to no avail.

Thinking I might have done something wrong while reinstalling Mac OS X, I went ahead and did a complete reinstall all over again. Unfortunately I get the exact same problem. Right now I'm just using Spotlight as a workaround, but I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to get this sorted out.

If it matters, I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.4 in a Mid 2013 MacBook Air 11-inch.

Thanks!

Edited by dliuzzi

Alfred Preferences -> Default Results -> Search Scope box -- Add '/opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom' to the list

Thanks a lot! That did the trick. Do you have an idea why this is necessary though? In my previous installation I never had to touch the search scope by hand. All I ever did was "brew cask alfred link" and that was it; everything worked perfectly out of the box. As a matter of fact, I was under the impression that "brew cask alfred link" added the '/opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom' scope for me. I guess there's more to it. I am just a bit confused as to why I had this extra manual step this time around.

Thanks again for your help.

• 1 month later...