Chain workflows

Right now, no, you can't chain them together. I'm unclear with what you are trying to accomplish but depending on what you are looking for you could:

1. You could create a workflow with a keyword + query via a Script Filter input to feed results back into Alfred and then action those items with a script.

2. If it is definitely a way to link a selected result to another action, you could do that with Applescript. In the generated feedback results, you set the argument that is passed to the next step. You could set it accordingly, and have that pass to a "Run Applescript" action that would.. 

tell application "Alfred 2" to search "<your arg>"

That would show Alfred pre-populated with whatever came after the word search in the Applescript. So, you could set it to run another workflow by setting part of the argument to be the keyword for the next workflow.

Does that make sense or help at all?

• 2 years later...

Yes, but chaining would be MUCH easier. 

In addition, if you look at *sophisticated* macro programs like, e.g., Keyboard Maestro, with those you can go INTO AN APPLICATION and make menu choices, etc. WHY can't we do this in Alfred?? No, I do NOT want to write Applescripts. No, I do NOT think that Alfred shouldn't be able to do this, when there are several programs out there that will. 

I used to be a programmer, back when linear programming was pretty much it. So, yes, I *could* learn Applescript. But *WHY* should I? Believe it or not, I have a life now, and it does not include programming beyond relatively simple macros such as those in KM above. Applescript has a learning curve that I simply don't have time for now. 

Yes, but chaining would be MUCH easier. 

In addition, if you look at *sophisticated* macro programs like, e.g., Keyboard Maestro, with those you can go INTO AN APPLICATION and make menu choices, etc. WHY can't we do this in Alfred?? No, I do NOT want to write Applescripts. No, I do NOT think that Alfred shouldn't be able to do this, when there are several programs out there that will. 

I used to be a programmer, back when linear programming was pretty much it. So, yes, I *could* learn Applescript. But *WHY* should I? Believe it or not, I have a life now, and it does not include programming beyond relatively simple macros such as those in KM above. Applescript has a learning curve that I simply don't have time for now. 

This was an old thread. Workflows can take advantage of portions of other workflows by using external triggers within Alfred.