Can we get icons for aliases to reflect what they're pointing to?

twberger

Currently I'm just seeing what looks like an "unknown application" icon. Finding and launching it work just fine, but it would be nice to have the icon as well.

This behavior - mirroring the target's icon in the alias's icon - is what Finder does, so implementing it would bring Alfred more in-line with native behavior.

Currently I'm just seeing what looks like an "unknown application" icon. Finding and launching it work just fine, but it would be nice to have the icon as well.

This behavior - mirroring the target's icon in the alias's icon - is what Finder does, so implementing it would bring Alfred more in-line with native behavior.

I definitely plan on adding more robust alias / symlink support in the future of Alfred, so no doubt this area will be improved :)

• 8 years later...

I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure aliases in Alfred have been successfully showing pretty icons. But (and again, unless Im misremembering) it seems that with a recent update, alias icons are back to the generic unknown file icon.

Update. Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, I just came to submit a bug report about this issue and did the old 'search for an existing topic' before posting. 

Edited by Floating.Point
Added apologies for thread resurrection