Allow for HTML content (hyperlinks) in Snippets

elihubogan

I was hoping to use Alfred's snippets to store and edit 'canned responses' across various email accounts I manage. It works beautifully for text, but any hyperlinks are dropped. That is,

"click <a href='location'>here</a> for help" becomes "click here for help"

I know in Gmail that copy/paste retains hyperlink data, but any copy/paste into a text editor will drop the hyperlinks (I assume this has to do with meta-something).

I'm not even sure if the TextExpander tools feature something like this, but support for rich html snippets would be amazing!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Please add this feature, it would be incredibly helpful and enormously increase my daily usage of Alfred for both me and my whole team. I've attached an example from a chrome plugin, Gorgias, that I pay for separately since this functionality isn't supported in Alfred.

example snippet with link.png

Edited by medagan
adding information

• 8 months later...

+1 on this.  I _really_ need to be able to quickly paste html formatted text into Apple Mail.

Currently what I do (I hate webmail) is use PostBox for the 4 accounts I frequently need to use canned replies for, even though I prefer Apple Mail.

While what I desperately need is HTML snippets, rich snippets that have placeholders (not time/date, placeholder for content typed when the snippet is inserted) . would be an even bigger benefit to Alfred.  

• 2 years later...