REQUEST - Moreflicks Workflow

Hi guys,

I regularly use the website Moreflicks to search for Netflix content in different regions.

I know I can set Moreflicks as a custom web search, but what I was wondering was if anyone more technical than me would be able to put together a workflow where one could enter the search term and media kind (e.g. Movies or TV shows), and have Alfred return a list of countries?

To illustrate my idea, here is a screenshot when searching Moreflicks for a movie:-

w2qVSAu.png

So, would it be possible to have, say, a workflow with the following options:-

mf m - search moreflicks for movies matching the search term, and return a list of countries where the movie is available on Netflix

mf t - search moreflicks for TV Shows matching the search term, and return a list of countries where the TV show is available on Netflix

Thanks in advance for any help!

John

Edited by judgejohn82

It would be hard.

Moreflicks doesn't have an API (as far as I can tell), which means that, in order to interact with the website programmatically, someone would have to write a screen-scraper, which is usually a tedious task and is also fairly fragile because any change in the website's markup could break the screen-scraper. If you can find an API, then this is much more likely. You could also ask this guy if he could package the screen-scraping code that he wrote for the site. The other aspect is that it seems like creating such a tool would be against Moreflicks' Terms of Use.