Is it possible to see thumbnails in search results?

Avi

Is it possible to have thumbnails populate in the "box" containing the  results of a search when the found items are photo images (e.g. jpgs, gifs, etc.)? Thanks!

Items using the default search use the file type icons. You can show the images using workflows but, that requires a workflow. If you aren't aware though, you can preview the files in a list of results using QuickLook by pressing the Shift key, or Cmd+Y

Is it possible to have thumbnails populate in the "box" containing the  results of a search when the found items are photo images (e.g. jpgs, gifs, etc.)? Thanks!

With the Powerpack, you can navigate into a folder and browse the contents, where you'll see a preview of the file you're looking at.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread after almost 3 years now, but I'm curious if there is a way now to have Alfred provide thumbnails in place of file type icons in the actual search results without having to enter and browse a folder.

I'm a graphic designer and use Alfred daily to find and open graphic files that I've worked on, but with so many similar files of the same filetype a search list becomes hard to sort through.

For instance, I would love to have the ability to see thumbnails of all listed files in a list of JPG files with similar filenames and be able to visually quickly find what I'm looking for without having to browse files or individually quicklook each file in question.  Any thoughts?

Another thought would be to potentially add a date modified subtext to help visually sorting as well, but that's a whole 'nother ball game.

36 minutes ago, benmeroff said:

there is a way now to have Alfred provide thumbnails in place of file type icons in the actual search results

No, there isn't.

The fundamental issue (I would guess based on my understanding of Alfred's philosophy) is that it would potentially require Alfred to load hundreds of images, which is slow, and Alfred is all about speed.

As @jdfwarrior said 3 years ago, it can easily be done with a workflow, however.