Applescripts and web forms?

Hi all,

Question: Can you create a webflow for web forms? Like for example...Helpscout? 

chKeP8y.png

Background:

My company uses help scout (customer service site) a lot (for better or worse). I saw EngelbertHumperdinck aka AlfredFreak's Gmail workflow  and the line you can use to create a work flow for google calendar . I'm not familiar with applescript but noticed it's used. 

Is it possible to create a workflow in alfred to fill out web forms and if so what's the best approach? 

Edit: noticed there's a site called fakeapp.com that kinda does the same thing for web apps. I have a feeling Alfred can do the same but don't know how to start it X_X

Edited by jsltran

Hi all,

Question: Can you create a webflow for web forms? Like for example...Helpscout? 

chKeP8y.png

Background:

My company uses help scout (customer service site) a lot (for better or worse). I saw EngelbertHumperdinck aka AlfredFreak's Gmail workflow  and the line you can use to create a work flow for google calendar . I'm not familiar with applescript but noticed it's used. 

Is it possible to create a workflow in alfred to fill out web forms and if so what's the best approach? 

Edit: noticed there's a site called fakeapp.com that kinda does the same thing for web apps. I have a feeling Alfred can do the same but don't know how to start it X_X

Alfred could do something things like this with AppleScript. As long as it's form fields you are filling or other items that you can reliably tab through to, AppleScript should be able to help some here. Clicking items that don't have a tab index wouldn't be possible though. All this would be done by simulating keypresses and such. So for instance, you click the first field, press a hotkey or something to activate a workflow that runs Applescript to fill in that field, press tab, fill in the next, press tab, etc, etc.

• 2 months later...

Okay guys.  Brace yourself....

There is a new TextExpander workflow . . . . . And it works!  IT WORKS! 

:D   *happy dance dance around*.  

I assume the programer must be some kind of Wizard or Ninja ... but which one?   

thumb.jpg

Do I bow or curtsy?  ... what rhymes with... Semicolons?

Never mind I'll just make it simple.  Thank you!   

and Schönen Tag! 

---  Chrissy