[Request] Location Services Toggle

Good Morning.  Long time Alfred User/new poster on the forums.  I greatly appreciate all the hard work workflow dev's provide to give us fantastic tools.  I did have a request if you can point me in the right direction.  

Is there a workflow to quickly disable/enable location services in OS X Yosemite?  That would be very useful.

Thanks in advance!!  

call this applescript:

tell application "System Preferences"

activate

reveal anchor "Privacy_LocationServices" of pane id "com.apple.preference.security"

authorize pane id "com.apple.preference.security"

end tell

tell application "System Events"

click checkbox "Enable Location Services" of group 1 of tab group 1 of window "Security & Privacy" of application process "System Preferences" of application "System Events"

end tell

There may be a better way, but Applescript UI scripting (with the authentication when required) is the only way I see to programmatically access Location Services.  If you know of another, calling the script in a workflow is trivial.

Edited by dfay

call this applescript:

tell application "System Preferences"

activate

reveal anchor "Privacy_LocationServices" of pane id "com.apple.preference.security"

authorize pane id "com.apple.preference.security"

end tell

tell application "System Events"

click checkbox "Enable Location Services" of group 1 of tab group 1 of window "Security & Privacy" of application process "System Preferences" of application "System Events"

end tell

There may be a better way, but Applescript UI scripting (with the authentication when required) is the only way I see to programmatically access Location Services.  If you know of another, calling the script in a workflow is trivial.

Thanks for this bit of info.  I may try messing around with Applescript but I am a huge noob when it comes to this stuff.  Sounds like a fun little project for me.

Thanks again!

If you're going to explore UI scripting in Applescript, this pair of approaches to finding how to refer to items will be a huge help:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20111208191312748

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/40436/how-to-know-the-name-of-ui-elements-using-accessibility-inspector-or-any-other

The first one there is my preference - that's how I found the anchor and the checkbox in the script above.  Have fun with it!