Send URL

Is it possible to add a option to send the URL to last active window?

Ex.: say I am chatting in Skype and want to copy a specific URL, I navigate to the webpage, copy its URL, press cmd+tab to switch to Skype, and then finally paste.

Instead if there's a option in this workflow that says something like "Send URL to Last Window", it will make life easier.

Thanks in advance. 

Is it possible to add a option to send the URL to last active window?

Ex.: say I am chatting in Skype and want to copy a specific URL, I navigate to the webpage, copy its URL, press cmd+tab to switch to Skype, and then finally paste.

Instead if there's a option in this workflow that says something like "Send URL to Last Window", it will make life easier.

Thanks in advance. 

There is not really a reliable way to get the last window and paste the URL into the right field so I am not going to add this kind of functionality into SendURL. That said I might add support for Skype in a future release.

Cheers,

Jonas

Edited by Jonas Eriksen

Hi,

Thanks for an excellent workflow.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to include the page title in the subject line, when sending url by mail.

Cheers,

Kristof

This is certainly possible and I will add it to the workflow in a future update

Cheers,

Jonas

I must admit this is one of the most useful workflows, however, I would like to know if and how you can add more applications to the list, as mail.app and more importantly: iSkysoft iTube Studio.
Thanks.

Hi,

Mail.app is supposed be in the list, if it's not please let me know so I can find out why.

You can add applications to the workflow by adding the bundle ID to the "supportedApplications.txt" file in the workflow folder. Remember to add a comma and the filetypes the application can work with or "*" for any filetype. As an example, to add support for iSkysoft iTube Studio the line would be "com.iSkysoft.iTube Studio,*"

The workflow make use of the shell "open" command so make sure the application supports this.

I have added support for iSkysoft iTube Studio in the latest version of the workflow, you find the link in the first post in this thread.

Cheers,

Jonas 

With this, is it possible to setup a hotkey so that whenever I click a link it asks me which browser I want to open it in?

For example, lets say someone sends me a URL in skype, and my default browser is firefox -- could you make it so that if I hold a key before clicking the link, alfred will pop up asking me which browser to view the link in?

Thanks

With this, is it possible to setup a hotkey so that whenever I click a link it asks me which browser I want to open it in?

For example, lets say someone sends me a URL in skype, and my default browser is firefox -- could you make it so that if I hold a key before clicking the link, alfred will pop up asking me which browser to view the link in?

Thanks

Hi,

Right now Send URL only fetches urls from a few browsers (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Camino and OmniWeb) or a url copied to the clipboard.

I might add more applications later...

You can add a keyboard shortcut to the script by navigation to the workflow in Alfred Preferences and click the + in the top right corner and then select 'trigger' -> 'hotkey'. Choose a key combination and press save and then drag a line from the 'hotkey' box to the 'script filter' box.

Cheers 

Hi,

Mail.app is supposed be in the list, if it's not please let me know so I can find out why.

You can add applications to the workflow by adding the bundle ID to the "supportedApplications.txt" file in the workflow folder. Remember to add a comma and the filetypes the application can work with or "*" for any filetype. As an example, to add support for iSkysoft iTube Studio the line would be "com.iSkysoft.iTube Studio,*"

The workflow make use of the shell "open" command so make sure the application supports this.

I have added support for iSkysoft iTube Studio in the latest version of the workflow, you find the link in the first post in this thread.

Cheers,

Jonas 

Unfortunately there is still no mail.app support for me. In fact, only a few applications are:

Anyway, Thanks for the explanation on how to add new applications but I can't figure out how and where, workflow script appears in a single command that not matches what you've explained (or I misunderstood).

Edited by nirsh
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This workflow doesn't seem to work with Opera 15  :blink:. Based on a few tests, I think the latest versions of Opera do not support AppleScript  :(

Cheers :)

Do you use the latest version of the workflow? I don't have this problem with Opera (Next) 12.15...

Do you use the latest version of the workflow? I don't have this problem with Opera (Next) 12.15...

Yes, I have the latest version of the workflow; I just re-downloaded and installed it to make sure

The issue did not appear until I switched from MAS Opera (12.15) to the latest Opera (previously 15.x, now 16.0.1196.62), from Opera's website