Unlock Computer with Password (Remote)

Hi All

It is easy to lock the computer using Alfred using the Remote.  However, I want to be able to unlock the computer (with a password) from the Remote so I can use spotify etc from the remote.

I don't want to have to go to the computer and unlock!

Is there a way??

Thanks

Andrew

I'm not really sure that this is possible. I attempted to do set up an applescript that would simulate the keypresses and it just sends them into the OS and not actually to the login screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I am very new here, also quite new to Alfred...  :unsure:

I am trying to get my Mac from to unlock with the Alfred Remote although I have downloaded the workflow you recommend above although, I am unsure what I need to change in the workflow script to get this working properly, I would be most grateful for any assistance, thanks!

Hello, I am very new here, also quite new to Alfred...  :unsure:

I am trying to get my Mac from to unlock with the Alfred Remote although I have downloaded the workflow you recommend above although, I am unsure what I need to change in the workflow script to get this working properly, I would be most grateful for any assistance, thanks!

If you provide some more details about what you've done so far, we'll be able to help you.

Here's a tutorial on importing and setting up Alfred workflows to get you started:

http://blog.alfredapp.com/2014/04/02/tutorial-importing-and-setting-up-alfred-workflows/

Cheers,

Vero :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...