Use remote to send keyboard shortcuts?

I'm really loving the idea of the Alfred Remote. But the workflows I'm dreaming of are above my pay grade--or at least I'm being paid today to do other work than learn the details of all this...

I've set most of my favorite apps as keystrokes--remapping the CapsLock and setting them up via BetterTouchTool. So for example, CapsLock-P (for Play) starts and stops Radium playing. If I could just have the remote send that key combination (actually "^⌘↑⌥P"), then I wouldn't have to wait for some Alfred expert to get around to a Radium Remote workflow.

You should be able to do this by getting Remote to send the key combination using AppleScript. 

Something like:

on alfred_script()
       tell application "VLC"
activate
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "f" using command down
end tell
end alfred_script

Which tells the Mac to the Command + F combination to put a video into fullscreen.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on to make a remote for Keynote. It's all fine with previous/next build, pause, back etc but it doesn't work for "next slide".

The keyboard shortcut is shift+down arrow.

The script is:

tell application "System Events"
	keystroke downarrow using shift down
end tell

All letters on keyboard are working but no system keys like "enter" or the arrows. What's wrong with that?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on to make a remote for Keynote. It's all fine with previous/next build, pause, back etc but it doesn't work for "next slide".

The keyboard shortcut is shift+down arrow.

The script is:

tell application "System Events"
	keystroke downarrow using shift down
end tell

All letters on keyboard are working but no system keys like "enter" or the arrows. What's wrong with that?

You try using this Remote Workflow http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/5540-keynote-remote/

Cheers!