Search google, ebay, specific website and mac at the same time

Hi, 

I hope someone please could help me with this, hopefully not such a silly question but I would like a workflow that searches a given keyword in: google, ebay, an specific website and the Mac at the same time with a hotkey. 

So far I can do the first three without a problem, but I cannot manage to get the workflow to search the mac as well at the same time. 

Here a snapshot of my workflow so far: http://cl.ly/image/3C3I1M0A2m1s

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. 

Regards

Daniel 

Right, so you don't want the results in Alfred but somewhere else?

You need to use AppleScript to open the Spotlight window or a Finder window and do the search.

To run a search in Finder, add a Run Script action using language `/usr/bin/osascript` and the following content: 

set theQuery to "{query}"

tell application "Finder"
	open (POSIX file "/") as alias
	activate
	-- Change the delay to something long enough so that
	-- the Finder window is activated and receives the
	-- keystroke events
	delay 0.3
	tell application "System Events"
		tell process "Finder"
			set value of text field 1 of group 5 of toolbar 1 of front window to theQuery
			keystroke "f" using {command down}
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

Because the script is using GUI scripting, it's dependent on the way your Finder is set up. If CMD+F isn't your shortcut to do a search in Finder, change the corresponding line in the script. text field 1 of group 5... should be the right "address" for the search box in a non-customised Finder window, but you may have to adjust those values if you've added anything to Finder's toolbar (I need group 6 on my machine, for example).

If you want to search with Spotlight, not Finder, you can also do that using GUI scripting.

Hi Deanishe, 

It's working, thank you  :D

Out of curiosity, instead of opening finder with the searched keyword, would it be possible that Albert shows it as Spotlight do? So that I can see the results searched in the mac while I'm tying the keyword? 

Thanks again for your help. 

Regards

Daniel 

If you don't mind Albert's results, it's easy enough to open the search in Albert instead of Finder: 

tell application "Alfred 2" to search "{query}"

If you want to show actual Spotlight results in Albert, you need to write a Script Filter based on mdfind (the command-line equivalent to Spotlight). This is considerably more complicated.