Copy to Clipboard Output - single tab character won't persist [Fixed 2.7 b382]

tjh

Hi,

I just tried creating a workflow that will copy a single tab character to the clipboard and paste it into the frontmost app.

However, the Copy to Clipboard item's textbox will show me entering the tab character, but when I hit Save and then reopen that Output action, the tab character is gone.

I'm guessing that textbox is trimming whitespace upon saving. Is there a way to force the tab character to persist?

Thanks,
T

PS The reason I'm creating this workflow is to get around OSX on Chrome not recognizing Option + Tab, or other typical commands to force a tab in a text entry area.

Edited by tjh

I'm guessing that textbox is trimming whitespace upon saving. Is there a way to force the tab character to persist?

There really isn't any reason why Alfred should be trimming this. I'll remove the trim in the next release :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This should now be fixed if you update to the 2.7 pre-release (in Alfred's update prefs)

Andrew - 

Just wanted to say thank you for fixing this issue! I didn't have notifications set to email about replies so I only just remembered to check on this.