Copy workflows

When selecting multiple items in and running CMD + ALT + \ Alfred with copy all filenames into the clipboard.

What I want to do is extend this functionality either by having an option in the Alfred file menu or even a workflow?

I want to be able to select a number of files and click on an option in the file menu that will copy it into my clipboard as follows:

"scp {file(s)} user@remot.com:home/"

e.g. scp testfile1.txt testfile2.txt user@server.com:documents/

Could someone help me implement this?

When selecting multiple items in and running CMD + ALT + \ Alfred with copy all filenames into the clipboard.

What I want to do is extend this functionality either by having an option in the Alfred file menu or even a workflow?

I want to be able to select a number of files and click on an option in the file menu that will copy it into my clipboard as follows:

"scp {file(s)} user@remot.com:home/"

e.g. scp testfile1.txt testfile2.txt user@server.com:documents/

Could someone help me implement this?

This one shouldnt be too complicated. What scripting/programming languages are you familiar with? 

1. Adding the option the results actions is done with a workflow. You do this by adding a new Trigger->Result Action.

2.  The file paths (full paths) are passed to the next step as a tab delimited list. So, you could add an Action->Run Script to your workflow and then, implementation is dependent upon the language you use, you would split the input using a tab as the delimiter.

3. Next, you would just need to build the string you desire with the filenames in the array.

4. Finally, you have an option of automatically making Alfred execute this command or copy it to the clipboard.

This one shouldnt be too complicated. What scripting/programming languages are you familiar with? 

1. Adding the option the results actions is done with a workflow. You do this by adding a new Trigger->Result Action.

2.  The file paths (full paths) are passed to the next step as a tab delimited list. So, you could add an Action->Run Script to your workflow and then, implementation is dependent upon the language you use, you would split the input using a tab as the delimiter.

3. Next, you would just need to build the string you desire with the filenames in the array.

4. Finally, you have an option of automatically making Alfred execute this command or copy it to the clipboard.

Thanks for your response,

I can code in PHP and Java, I'll can try in PHP if you could help me out with the bit before and after the PHP stuff.

Thanks for your response,

I can code in PHP and Java, I'll can try in PHP if you could help me out with the bit before and after the PHP stuff.

I'm happy to help with any part of it. Which part specifically do you need assistance with?

• 4 weeks later...