"Recent Documents" is not consistently showing recent documents

Kourosh

Hi All,

First time post here. I've been enjoying Alfred for some time now, but there's a bug that's been there for some time.  

The "Recent Documents" function is not consistently showing the correct recent documents.  For example, I may open a program, go to the recent documents (using my hotkey of control-\) and then see several recently used documents but not my most recent one.  Other times, I do see the most recent one, but then on subsequent attempts to open it the same way, it's gone.  I'm not sure what the bug is because it is itself inconsistent.

- Kourosh

Hi All,

First time post here. I've been enjoying Alfred for some time now, but there's a bug that's been there for some time.  

The "Recent Documents" function is not consistently showing the correct recent documents.  For example, I may open a program, go to the recent documents (using my hotkey of control-\) and then see several recently used documents but not my most recent one.  Other times, I do see the most recent one, but then on subsequent attempts to open it the same way, it's gone.  I'm not sure what the bug is because it is itself inconsistent.

- Kourosh

Hi Kourosh,

Could you tell me which app's recent documents you would have been looking at when you encountered this issue?

If you open a file by searching using Alfred, he'll immediately register this information to his own knowledge. Meanwhile, if you open a file using the app itself (e.g. opening a document in Pages by clicking on it on your Desktop), the recent document history will become available to Alfred as soon as the app writes it to its own OS X data file.

In some cases, non-native applications (e.g. Microsoft Office apps) don't write to an accessible data file at all, so Alfred will only be able to present you with the files that were opened through Alfred itself.

If you think there's still an issue with recent documents showing inconsistently, please provide more details on which apps showed you these varying results, I'll be happy to help you further :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Vero,

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen it happen with Numbers, Keynote, and iFlash. Although, right now I'm trying it and I'm not seeing the behavior anymore. Once I see it again, I'll try opening and closing via different paths and see what I can get.

Edited by Kourosh

• 3 months later...