Search in folder?

Hi all, I am not a regular on forums like this, so apologies for if I'm posting in the wrong place. Or asking a stupid question. I was just wondering if there is an easy way to search files within a folder. So within Alfred I navigate towards a certain folder, and then I want to search for files within only that folder. Preferably with the "in" command as well. I know there are search filters, but these have to be set up for specific folders beforehand. I would like to just search in any folder I happen to navigate to. Isn't there like an "action" that says "search in this folder" or something? Thanks!

Hi all, I am not a regular on forums like this, so apologies for if I'm posting in the wrong place. Or asking a stupid question. I was just wondering if there is an easy way to search files within a folder. So within Alfred I navigate towards a certain folder, and then I want to search for files within only that folder. Preferably with the "in" command as well. I know there are search filters, but these have to be set up for specific folders beforehand. I would like to just search in any folder I happen to navigate to. Isn't there like an "action" that says "search in this folder" or something? Thanks!

There isn't at this moment no. I believe there may be a workflow or two that attempts to bridge that gap through scripting but currently, when browsing through folders within Alfred's file navigation, you can only search by name.

Following on from David's response, there isn't a way to do exactly what you've described but your two best options are:

Using a file action:

- Search for the enclosing folder you want to search in (e.g. Documents) then press the right arrow to show your file actions.

- Choose "Browse in Alfred" to see the contents of the folder

- Type part of the name of the file you're looking for. If you're not sure of the name, use a * prefix to wildcard your search (e.g. type "*zoo" will find dadatthezoo.jpg)

Alternatively, you can set up a file filter for a specific folder or set of folders, and/or for specific file types. This is more useful for filtered searches you need to do more regularly.