iTunes 12.2 and "Invalid iTunes XML path" for mini player

Hi all,

I've got a fresh install of Yosemite, with iTunes 12.2 and the latest alfred.

Trying to use the mini player and when I bring it up it says "Invalid iTunes XML path, check path in Alfred's iTunes Preferences"

When i got there, and try to use the "find" in iTunes settings > Advanced, it doesn't find anything.

Is it because I have no downloaded music? Is it something to do with iTunes 12.2? Any suggestions?

Hi all,

I've got a fresh install of Yosemite, with iTunes 12.2 and the latest alfred.

Trying to use the mini player and when I bring it up it says "Invalid iTunes XML path, check path in Alfred's iTunes Preferences"

When i got there, and try to use the "find" in iTunes settings > Advanced, it doesn't find anything.

Is it because I have no downloaded music? Is it something to do with iTunes 12.2? Any suggestions?

We've used iTunes 12.2 on Yosemite and, so far, everything seems to work well but I haven't played with a fully new install yet, so I'll try to help you resolve this as best I can! :)

First, have you launched iTunes at least once and gone through the introduction screens you're shown? Have you played music directly in iTunes already? It's possible that the XML only gets created once you start using the app.

Secondly, if you paste this path into Alfred, do you see any iTunes Music Library.xml file?

~/Music/iTunes/

Have a look within that folder to see whether there's an XML file at all yet, and let me know so that I can look into it further :) It may be that on a new install, the XML is named differently or placed somewhere else. Or as you suggested, it's possible that if you have no music downloaded at all, there's no XML for streaming-only music.

Cheers,

Vero

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I went through the whole setup, and made sure I downloaded one song to see if it was any of what I thought it might be, but getting the same issue. See attached what it finds for ~/Music/iTunes/

T6Bzymr.png?1

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I went through the whole setup, and made sure I downloaded one song to see if it was any of what I thought it might be, but getting the same issue. See attached what it finds for ~/Music/iTunes/

Could you double check that this option is selected (it should be by default)...

itunes%20share.png

• 2 years later...

For those coming here and seeing a broken Dropbox image, you need to check "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" in iTunes > Prefs > Advanced. I had to quit iTunes and reopen it to get that XML file to generate. Then Alfred didn't give that error. (This was on a fresh wipe + reinstall of macOS High Sierra.)

• 1 year later...