Using Alfred to Search folders on Transmit Disk Feature?

Hi everyone,

I love Alfred and Transmits Disk feature, but can't seem to get them to play nicely with each other.  :(

My company stores its client files on an FTP that I connect to remotely. Transmit Disk feature allows me to mount this ftp as a "drive".

What I'd like to be able to do is search this "drive" for client and project folders, enabling me to get to what I need to work on fast!

The folder structure is

\Clients\<Client Name>\<Project Number> - <Project Name>\

Ultimately I'd like to be able to use fuzzy searching to search by client name, project number or project name and open the respective client or project folder.

I've tried adding the "\Clients" folder under Features\Default Results: Search Scope, and also checked "Folders" under Extras.

Any suggestions?

Much thanks!

Firstly, paths like \Clients are meaningless in OS X. It uses / as a path separator (like all sensible operating systems). If you've mounted a drive via Transmit, it will be under /Volumes/<drivename>.

Alfred uses the system metadata indexing subsystem (the same as Spotlight). This does not index network drives.

You can turn on indexing of AppleTalk-connected drives with mdutil /Volumes/<drivename> -i on, but it doesn't work for shared drives connected via other protocols (i.e. pretty much anything you mount with Transmit).

Bottom line, if you want your network drive indexed (so Spotlight and Alfred can see it), connect it via afp.

Your only other option (if you have to have the data available in Alfred) is to write a custom workflow based on locate or the like.

Edited by deanishe