Nothing terribly complex here, but I think it's pretty awesome we can do this sort of thing with Alfred:
Requires Prowl on your iPhone in order to receive the notifications and launch the dialling process.
I'm assuming this could easily be modified to work with Android phones as well, but you'll probably have to wait for Boxcar or Prowl to release Android clients. Pushover might do it, but if it's as lame as the iPhone version, it won't auto-handle the "tel://" URL scheme.
Love to know if it works okay for others.
13 April 2014: Updated to v1.41a
- Fixed — inadvertently made incompatible with current public release of Alfred.
12 April 2014: Updated to v1.41
- Bugfix — wasn’t creating storage directory for API key if not already present.
3 April 2014: Updated to v1.4
- Removed Applescript GUI for API key input. Now just uses Alfred interface.
- Separate keywords in Workflow config.
- New icons (iOS 7 based).
25 March 2013: Updated to v1.3
- Bug fix: hyphen “-” character was still causing invalid number error.
20 March 2013: Updated to v1.2
- GUI for user to enter API key rather than having to edit the code
- Better handling of other punctuation characters that might be in a valid phone number (including parentheses, *, # and .
Edited by CarlosNZ, 13 April 2014 - 08:06 AM.