Recent Docs, Folders, Apps + Favorites + Interaction with Open and Save Dialogs (now with auto path) 3.0
- List and open recent Finder items by category in a drill-down menu style
- Just Now category listing the last 24 hours items
- Make recent paths interact with Open and Save dialogs (including auto path)
- Favorites: add custom files and/or folders
Browsing recent items
- Keyword rec: will list all worflow categories; select a category or type to filter, e.g. rec do will list only the Documents category (see screenshot below)
- Keyword justn: will list the very recent items of all categories; you can also set a hotkey to fast access this category
- Keyword fav: will list your Favorite items. To Add an item to Favorites use Alfred File Action or while browsing any Recent Items category hold fn key and press Return; to remove an item from Favorites, go to Favorites, select the item, hold control key and press Return
- Quick look: highlight any file or folder from any category and hit Shift key in order to preview the item (e.g. a document content)
- Alfred File Action: highlight any recent item and hit right arrow key to bring Alfred File Actions (e.g. copy or email an item)
Interacting with Open/Save dialogs - Part I
- When a open/save dialog appears bring Alfred and use one of the Recent Items keywords such as rec
- Now select an item from any category
- Hold option key and hit Return
- The path of the item will be passed to the open/save dialog
You can use the same approach to change the path from an existing Finder window.
The feature works from any category, keyword or hotkey.
Interacting with Open/Save dialogs - Part II: Auto Path
The feature saves the last used path per Application and you can use this feature to make a default folder for each application (e.g. only use the auto path when you want the most used folder for that application):
- after an open/save dialog appears bring Alfred and type apath keyword and hit Return
- the first time you use the feature for the application the Folders category will be displayed
- select one item from there or any other Recent Items category, hold option key and hit return
- the path will be passed to the dialog and it will also be recoreded
- now the next time you type the keyword the saved path will be passed to the dialog automatically
There is also a hotkey for the auto path feature.
Based on the concept by robhor it displays categories and then, once inside one of them, a list of items.
In Recent Items you can also search within a category and a gentle backspace will bring the initial categories.
- Auto path
- Improved favorites sorting
- Improved recent items filter
- Alleyoop 2.0 support
- Just Now category
- Keyword justn for faster access
- Hotkey for Just Now category
- Small cosmetic changes
- Support for Alleyoop
Edited by Carlos-Sz, 09 April 2013 - 05:56 AM.