Recent Items 4.3 beta 2 for Alfred 4: Finder Recent Items

Recent Items 4.0 is out:

• Up to 2 custom categories (keyword recpref)
  • Downloads category
  • Keyword for each category
  • Hotkey for each category
  • Multiple files in Add to Favorites file action
  • Changed Auto-path to Default Folder (keyworod df)
  • Changed Just Now category to Now
  • Added Help (keyword rechelp)
  • Update to Alfred 2.3 features
  • Several internal improvements

Download

• Version 4.0
  • Release date: 10 May 2014
  • Requires Alfred 2.3 or later
  • Download now
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having problems with version 4 on Yosemite. I'm getting the following –

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:50: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/Jayphen/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.recentitems/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

I'm having problems with version 4 on Yosemite. I'm getting the following –

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:50: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/Jayphen/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.recentitems/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

I don’t have Yosemite installed yet but as soon as possible I’ll update all my workflows.

Thank you for your feedback.

PS: you can try to move the plist file ("/Users/Jayphen/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.recentitems/settings.plist”) to a temporary location then try the workflow again.

Edited by Carlos-Sz

I don’t have Yosemite installed yet but as soon as possible I’ll update all my workflows.

PS: you can try to move the plist file ("/Users/Jayphen/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.recentitems/settings.plist”) to a temporary location then try the workflow again.

Hmm, there actually isn't a plist file in that location.

PS the 3.3 beta does seem to work.

Edited by jayphen
  • 2 months later...

A fantastic workflow! Thanks a lot. The workflow is enormously useful.

I'm trying to turn a custom category 1 into images/photos/pictures. However, in all probability I've set wrong file type names because Alred says "there is no recent images" after me entering into this newly created category of mine that I called "images".

Could anyone please provide respective type names here? Most likely it'll start working like magic after typing in proper file types.

A fantastic workflow! Thanks a lot. The workflow is enormously useful.

I'm trying to turn a custom category 1 into images/photos/pictures. However, in all probability I've set wrong file type names because Alred says "there is no recent images" after me entering into this newly created category of mine that I called "images".

Could anyone please provide respective type names here? Most likely it'll start working like magic after typing in proper file types.

The file type (UTI) for images: public.png,public.jpeg,public.image

To test, make sure to open an image.

The file type (UTI) for images: public.png,public.jpeg,public.image

To test, make sure to open an image.

Thanks a lot, it works very well even without opening an image beforehand - Alfred showed me three .png images, two of which opened as far as four days ago.

By the way, I've noticed that the command "rec doc" shows not only recent docs but also images, in fact on the list of so enumerated "docs" I have now exactly those three abovementioned .png images. So does the category "doc" comprise images, incl. other than .png images, as well?

Thanks a lot, it works very well even without opening an image beforehand - Alfred showed me three .png images, two of which opened as far as four days ago.

By the way, I've noticed that the command "rec doc" shows not only recent docs but also images, in fact on the list of so enumerated "docs" I have now exactly those three abovementioned .png images. So does the category "doc" comprise images, incl. other than .png images, as well?

OS X Spotlight consider some images (or at least a png) as a document too.

Thank you. However, with regard to your category of "docs" I've noticed that Alfred shows not only .png but also .jpg files because I opened a lot of them yestarday, which fulfilled almost whole of Recent-files workflow's list of recent docs. Therefore I was wondering if it won't be difficult to turn a custom category, say c2, into documents exclusively, i.e. excluding images altogether?

I've made some quick research and found a pretty handy web page with UTI types which may turn out to be useful for someone (see below). Nevertheless personally, I've finally come to a conclusion that unlike images there is far too many UTI file types for documents to be found out only there, let alone including .odt, .ods, and many other Open Office and Windows Office newest types (i.e. .xlsx, .docx, etc.), which are not listed on the page:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Miscellaneous/Reference/UTIRef/Articles/System-DeclaredUniformTypeIdentifiers.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009259-SW1

but hopefully, you know some simple solution to this document-only issue... And if there is no better solution than ferreting out a few-yard long list of UTI document types :), I rather stick to the "doc" category of yours and my newly created custom category of "images".

Thank you. However, with regard to your category of "docs" I've noticed that Alfred shows not only .png but also .jpg files because I opened a lot of them yestarday, which fulfilled almost whole of Recent-files workflow's list of recent docs. Therefore I was wondering if it won't be difficult to turn a custom category, say c2, into documents exclusively, i.e. excluding images altogether?

I've made some quick research and found a pretty handy web page with UTI types which may turn out to be useful for someone (see below). Nevertheless personally, I've finally come to a conclusion that unlike images there is far too many UTI file types for documents to be found out only there, let alone including .odt, .ods, and many other Open Office and Windows Office newest types (i.e. .xlsx, .docx, etc.), which are not listed on the page:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Miscellaneous/Reference/UTIRef/Articles/System-DeclaredUniformTypeIdentifiers.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009259-SW1

but hopefully, you know some simple solution to this document-only issue... And if there is no better solution than ferreting out a few-yard long list of UTI document types :), I rather stick to the "doc" category of yours and my newly created custom category of "images".

The workflow could remove .png and .jpg/jpeg from the list instead of collecting all known documents type.

I’ll think about it.

Hi,

Thank you for your workflow.

However even if I am not a newbie I do not explain myself why it does not work for me.

Could you give me some hints?

Yosemite.

Alfred 2.5.

Regards.

F.

Please, try to delete the workflow from Alfred Preferences, download it (see initial post) and install it again.

Note that the workflow relies on Yosemite spotlight.

Please, try to delete the workflow from Alfred Preferences, download it (see initial post) and install it again.

Note that the workflow relies on Yosemite spotlight.

Carlos,

Thank you for your answer.

Just did what you asked me to do.

Unfortunately it still does not work.

Yet Spotlight works smoothly.

I feel sorry to be alone in this case.

Regards.

F.

I got the same problem with OSX 10.10.

Workflow cannot find "/Users/(USER)/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.recentitems/settings.plist”"

Could someone please upload an old v3 version as long as v4 is not fixed?

Thank you

Carlos,

Thank you for your answer.

Just did what you asked me to do.

Unfortunately it still does not work.

Yet Spotlight works smoothly.

I feel sorry to be alone in this case.

Regards.

F.

Hi, 

Can confirm it doesn't work on Yosemite. You type "fav", "now" and it just defaults to google. "rec" also doesn't show the options in the workflow as per initial post. 

Cheers

Please, try Recent Items 4.1.

• 1 month later...